Jul 4, 2011, 4:10 PM EDT
Because he’s apparently some kind of super hero, the injury that was supposed to keep him out of action for a minimum of six weeks doesn’t seem to be bothering Albert Pujols all that much anymore, to the point where he may come back early. We knew that already.
But if he had his druthers, it would be way, way early. As in tomorrow night:
Pujols will see the doctor tomorrow and he said it’s possible he could play tomorrow night. Been swinging full strength for almost a week.
Either the Cardinals and their doctors egregiously oversold the severity of his injuries, or else Pujols is doing something damn nigh unprecedented.
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 11
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 63
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 56
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- HBT Daily: They’ve dropped six straight, but the Pirates may be the Wild Card favorites 2
- The Diamondbacks plan to bring back Kirk Gibson for some reason 31
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (125)
- Jayson Werth clocked at 105 m.p.h. in a 55 zone, is charged with reckless driving (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (78)
- A vote for Tom Werner for commissioner is a vote to return to the dark ages (78)