Jul 4, 2011, 4:10 PM EDT
Because he’s apparently some kind of super hero, the injury that was supposed to keep him out of action for a minimum of six weeks doesn’t seem to be bothering Albert Pujols all that much anymore, to the point where he may come back early. We knew that already.
But if he had his druthers, it would be way, way early. As in tomorrow night:
Pujols will see the doctor tomorrow and he said it’s possible he could play tomorrow night. Been swinging full strength for almost a week.
Either the Cardinals and their doctors egregiously oversold the severity of his injuries, or else Pujols is doing something damn nigh unprecedented.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 315
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 55
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 39
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 4
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 149
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 44
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 99
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (325)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (159)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)