Jul 4, 2011, 4:10 PM EST
Because he’s apparently some kind of super hero, the injury that was supposed to keep him out of action for a minimum of six weeks doesn’t seem to be bothering Albert Pujols all that much anymore, to the point where he may come back early. We knew that already.
But if he had his druthers, it would be way, way early. As in tomorrow night:
Pujols will see the doctor tomorrow and he said it’s possible he could play tomorrow night. Been swinging full strength for almost a week.
Either the Cardinals and their doctors egregiously oversold the severity of his injuries, or else Pujols is doing something damn nigh unprecedented.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 65
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (227)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (86)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)