Jul 4, 2011, 4:10 PM EDT
Because he’s apparently some kind of super hero, the injury that was supposed to keep him out of action for a minimum of six weeks doesn’t seem to be bothering Albert Pujols all that much anymore, to the point where he may come back early. We knew that already.
But if he had his druthers, it would be way, way early. As in tomorrow night:
Pujols will see the doctor tomorrow and he said it’s possible he could play tomorrow night. Been swinging full strength for almost a week.
Either the Cardinals and their doctors egregiously oversold the severity of his injuries, or else Pujols is doing something damn nigh unprecedented.
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 1
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 36
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 26
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 60
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 53
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)