Jul 4, 2011, 4:10 PM EST
Because he’s apparently some kind of super hero, the injury that was supposed to keep him out of action for a minimum of six weeks doesn’t seem to be bothering Albert Pujols all that much anymore, to the point where he may come back early. We knew that already.
But if he had his druthers, it would be way, way early. As in tomorrow night:
Pujols will see the doctor tomorrow and he said it’s possible he could play tomorrow night. Been swinging full strength for almost a week.
Either the Cardinals and their doctors egregiously oversold the severity of his injuries, or else Pujols is doing something damn nigh unprecedented.
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 67
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 25
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 66
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 256
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (257)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)