Jul 4, 2011, 7:16 PM EDT
Humberto Quintero, who is on a rehab stint with Triple-A Oklahoma City as he makes his way back from a sprained ankle, was forced to change hotels Sunday after an incident in Memphis in which a police officer and other person was killed.
Quintero was the only member of the RedHawks still staying at the hotel. The rest of the team checked out prior to the series finale against the Cardinals’ Triple-A affiliate Sunday, but Quintero remained behind and intended to stay another night in Memphis.
“After the game, I came back to the hotel and went across the street — and they said two people died and three were shot, and they didn’t let me in my room,” Quintero told MLB.com. “I found another room a couple of minutes from there, and when I went this morning [to the Doubletree] to pick up my luggage, my room was open and someone had gone through my luggage and my computer. They didn’t take anything.”
Quintero said he assumed it was police investigators who went theough his luggage. He left Memphis on Monday, and he could come off the disabled list and rejoin the Astros this week.
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 0
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 8
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 31
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 48
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 71
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 75
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (76)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)