Jul 4, 2011, 12:00 PM EDT
Normally when you hear about ALS, Yankee Stadium and the Fourth of July, you think of Lou Gehrig’s “luckiest man on the face of the Earth” speech. And you should remember it because it’s one of baseball’s defining moments.
But former commissioner Fay Vincent has a piece over at Fox News.com today with a different ALS/Yankee Stadium story, this one involving a childhood friend of his. And, most notably, the considerable help of one George Steinbrenner to help give a dying man his last wish.
Excuse me. It’s gettin’ a bit dusty in here. Gotta go open a window or something.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 40
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 32
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 46
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 105
- The MLBPA is serious about investigating leaks to reporters regarding Stephen Drew, Kendrys Morales 32