Jul 4, 2011, 9:30 AM EDT
For so many years, one gets the sense that Derek Jeter fans saw him much like this, single-handedly smashing tyranny and representing all that was Right and True about baseball and America.
Well, the years have taken their toll and Jeter has started to be seen in a different, more realistic light. More of a Silver Age hero than a than Golden Age hero. It’s probably for the best. The Silver Age heroes were always way more interesting for all of their fallibilities.
But he’s still a hero nonetheless, saving the Trenton Thunder from the forces of evil!
Jeter comes back to the Yankees today. No word if Bucky is with him.
- Report: Zack Wheeler expected to make 2-3 starts in minors before joining Mets 7
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 99
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 54
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 18
- Jake Westbrook feeling lingering discomfort in right elbow 8
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (113)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (79)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- Watch LIVE: Bruins-Rangers
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks look to even series with Red Wings
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1