Jul 4, 2011, 9:30 AM EST
For so many years, one gets the sense that Derek Jeter fans saw him much like this, single-handedly smashing tyranny and representing all that was Right and True about baseball and America.
Well, the years have taken their toll and Jeter has started to be seen in a different, more realistic light. More of a Silver Age hero than a than Golden Age hero. It’s probably for the best. The Silver Age heroes were always way more interesting for all of their fallibilities.
But he’s still a hero nonetheless, saving the Trenton Thunder from the forces of evil!
Jeter comes back to the Yankees today. No word if Bucky is with him.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 0
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 28
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 154
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 42
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 16
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (154)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (85)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (78)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (71)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (69)