Jul 4, 2011, 11:12 AM EDT
Oh, it may be weary. Them abdomens, they do get wearied. Wearing that same old ace bandage dressing. But when it gets weary, try a little tenderness, yeah, yeah …
What? It’s a holiday. You want some actual hardcore analysis, or do you want Otis Redding references? And before you answer that, remember, you’re not an American if you don’t like Otis Redding.
Fine, be that way: Ryan Zimmerman was held out of today’s Nats’ lineup because he’s feeling some tenderness (yeah, yeah) in his abdomen. You know, the one that he had surgery on earlier this season and which kept him out of action for an extended period. So that’s not good, especially given all of his throwing problems recently.
In other Nats injury news, Mike Morse is out of the lineup too. Davey Johnson’s initial assessment of his forearm, which was hit by a pitch on Saturday, having a hairline fracture was ruled out by an MRI, but he’s still sore and/or contused, so it’s more rest for him.
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 58
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 17
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- Steven Matz stellar on the mound — and at the plate — in his major league debut for the Mets 19
- The 2015 Gillette Home Run Derby will have a new format 32
- Meet the Matz! The Mets call up Steven Matz to make his MLB debut 11
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 23
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (108)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)