Jul 4, 2011, 11:12 AM EDT
Oh, it may be weary. Them abdomens, they do get wearied. Wearing that same old ace bandage dressing. But when it gets weary, try a little tenderness, yeah, yeah …
What? It’s a holiday. You want some actual hardcore analysis, or do you want Otis Redding references? And before you answer that, remember, you’re not an American if you don’t like Otis Redding.
Fine, be that way: Ryan Zimmerman was held out of today’s Nats’ lineup because he’s feeling some tenderness (yeah, yeah) in his abdomen. You know, the one that he had surgery on earlier this season and which kept him out of action for an extended period. So that’s not good, especially given all of his throwing problems recently.
In other Nats injury news, Mike Morse is out of the lineup too. Davey Johnson’s initial assessment of his forearm, which was hit by a pitch on Saturday, having a hairline fracture was ruled out by an MRI, but he’s still sore and/or contused, so it’s more rest for him.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 7
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 155
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 4
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (156)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)