Jul 4, 2011, 11:12 AM EDT
Oh, it may be weary. Them abdomens, they do get wearied. Wearing that same old ace bandage dressing. But when it gets weary, try a little tenderness, yeah, yeah …
What? It’s a holiday. You want some actual hardcore analysis, or do you want Otis Redding references? And before you answer that, remember, you’re not an American if you don’t like Otis Redding.
Fine, be that way: Ryan Zimmerman was held out of today’s Nats’ lineup because he’s feeling some tenderness (yeah, yeah) in his abdomen. You know, the one that he had surgery on earlier this season and which kept him out of action for an extended period. So that’s not good, especially given all of his throwing problems recently.
In other Nats injury news, Mike Morse is out of the lineup too. Davey Johnson’s initial assessment of his forearm, which was hit by a pitch on Saturday, having a hairline fracture was ruled out by an MRI, but he’s still sore and/or contused, so it’s more rest for him.
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 0
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 91
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 124
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (125)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (97)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (97)