Jul 4, 2011, 11:12 AM EST
Oh, it may be weary. Them abdomens, they do get wearied. Wearing that same old ace bandage dressing. But when it gets weary, try a little tenderness, yeah, yeah …
What? It’s a holiday. You want some actual hardcore analysis, or do you want Otis Redding references? And before you answer that, remember, you’re not an American if you don’t like Otis Redding.
Fine, be that way: Ryan Zimmerman was held out of today’s Nats’ lineup because he’s feeling some tenderness (yeah, yeah) in his abdomen. You know, the one that he had surgery on earlier this season and which kept him out of action for an extended period. So that’s not good, especially given all of his throwing problems recently.
In other Nats injury news, Mike Morse is out of the lineup too. Davey Johnson’s initial assessment of his forearm, which was hit by a pitch on Saturday, having a hairline fracture was ruled out by an MRI, but he’s still sore and/or contused, so it’s more rest for him.
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 0
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 44
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 46
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)