Jul 4, 2011, 11:12 AM EDT
Oh, it may be weary. Them abdomens, they do get wearied. Wearing that same old ace bandage dressing. But when it gets weary, try a little tenderness, yeah, yeah …
What? It’s a holiday. You want some actual hardcore analysis, or do you want Otis Redding references? And before you answer that, remember, you’re not an American if you don’t like Otis Redding.
Fine, be that way: Ryan Zimmerman was held out of today’s Nats’ lineup because he’s feeling some tenderness (yeah, yeah) in his abdomen. You know, the one that he had surgery on earlier this season and which kept him out of action for an extended period. So that’s not good, especially given all of his throwing problems recently.
In other Nats injury news, Mike Morse is out of the lineup too. Davey Johnson’s initial assessment of his forearm, which was hit by a pitch on Saturday, having a hairline fracture was ruled out by an MRI, but he’s still sore and/or contused, so it’s more rest for him.
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 5
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 92
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 13
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 55
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 13
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (92)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)