Jul 4, 2011, 5:00 PM EDT
He’s close to free, and given that he’s a big fancy author, he may add some color to the clubhouse, but given that Miguel Batista was averaging 5.83 walks and 15.43 base runners per nine innings when the Cardinals let him go, I’m not going to get too excited about the Mets signing the veteran to a minor league contract.
If he throws a few lights out extended spring or simulated games or whatever, sure, he may actually come to New York, but I would bet you dollars to donuts that the next time we post about the guy, it will be “The Mets release Miguel Batista.”
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (81)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (77)