Jul 4, 2011, 2:10 PM EDT
Probably the most pathetic headline I’ve ever written at HBT, but I don’t care. I really want to know the answer to this.
Last night, following the Dodgers-Angels game, there was a charity old timers home run derby thing, the purpose of which was to raise money for amyotrophic lateral sclerosis research. Good cause!
I could only find a few photos of the event, but I am struck by the two below. One of which is Steve Garvey, the other Jose Canseco. Garvey the player was known for his massive forearms. Canseco the player was known for being a muscle head himself, of course. The former always gave the impression that he did it all on milk and cookies and the latter did it on pharmaceuticals, but they were both interesting, freakish specimens in their day.
Garvey is 62 and has 16 years on Canseco, but I gotta say, he may have the bigger guns these days. Even if Garvey’s hit was obviously a dribbler to the mound and Canseco looks like he drove it with some degree of authority.
And yeah, you gotta love that Canseco played for seven teams in the bigs, none of which were the Dodgers, yet he wore the Dodgers gear.
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 2
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 93
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (110)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (98)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)