Jul 5, 2011, 9:34 PM EST
Indians shortstop Asdrubal Cabrera left Tuesday’s game in the fourth inning with a sprained right ankle suffered while coming down after a leaping throw versus the Yankees.
Cabrera was injured in the third, but he stayed in to finish the inning. The Indians opted to remove him in favor of Lonnie Chisenhall when it was his turn to bat in the fourth.
Cabrera, who has 14 homers and 49 RBI this season, is listed as day-to-day.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 8
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 18
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (94)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (84)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (70)