Jul 5, 2011, 9:34 PM EDT
Indians shortstop Asdrubal Cabrera left Tuesday’s game in the fourth inning with a sprained right ankle suffered while coming down after a leaping throw versus the Yankees.
Cabrera was injured in the third, but he stayed in to finish the inning. The Indians opted to remove him in favor of Lonnie Chisenhall when it was his turn to bat in the fourth.
Cabrera, who has 14 homers and 49 RBI this season, is listed as day-to-day.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 56
- Rangers snap Astros’ 10-game winning streak 7
- UPDATE: Hanley Ramirez exits game with a left shoulder sprain 27
- Nelson Cruz, Adrian Gonzalez named Players of the Month 18
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 95
- Report: Brewers hire Craig Counsell to replace Ron Roenicke 26
- Brewers fire manager Ron Roenicke 55
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 11
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (120)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)