Jul 5, 2011, 9:34 PM EDT
Indians shortstop Asdrubal Cabrera left Tuesday’s game in the fourth inning with a sprained right ankle suffered while coming down after a leaping throw versus the Yankees.
Cabrera was injured in the third, but he stayed in to finish the inning. The Indians opted to remove him in favor of Lonnie Chisenhall when it was his turn to bat in the fourth.
Cabrera, who has 14 homers and 49 RBI this season, is listed as day-to-day.
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 11
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 23
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 70
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- HBT Daily: They’ve dropped six straight, but the Pirates may be the Wild Card favorites 2
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (126)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (69)
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco (69)