Jul 5, 2011, 9:34 PM EDT
Indians shortstop Asdrubal Cabrera left Tuesday’s game in the fourth inning with a sprained right ankle suffered while coming down after a leaping throw versus the Yankees.
Cabrera was injured in the third, but he stayed in to finish the inning. The Indians opted to remove him in favor of Lonnie Chisenhall when it was his turn to bat in the fourth.
Cabrera, who has 14 homers and 49 RBI this season, is listed as day-to-day.
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (104)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)