Jul 5, 2011, 9:34 PM EDT
Indians shortstop Asdrubal Cabrera left Tuesday’s game in the fourth inning with a sprained right ankle suffered while coming down after a leaping throw versus the Yankees.
Cabrera was injured in the third, but he stayed in to finish the inning. The Indians opted to remove him in favor of Lonnie Chisenhall when it was his turn to bat in the fourth.
Cabrera, who has 14 homers and 49 RBI this season, is listed as day-to-day.
- Dodgers acquire Mat Latos and Michael Morse from Marlins 11
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 26
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 41
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 31
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 50
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 64
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 76
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)