Jul 5, 2011, 5:40 PM EST
You hear about guys who do the “road trip to see every ballpark” thing every year — and you secretly believe that you could do it in higher style than those jokers could — but I can’t recall ever hearing it via bicycle:
Since the former food co-op employee from Bellingham, Wash., committed to ride his 27-speed, steel-framed bicycle to all 30 stadiums in the course of an April-to-September big league slate, he’s already pedaled more than 6,000 miles of the estimated 10,500-mile journey. ”It’s awesome,” he says. “I can’t believe I’m actually doing it.”
Oh, had I but world enough and time, I’d probably be doing the same thing.
I’d be doing it in a Camaro or something, but yeah, basically the same thing.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 0
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 28
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 154
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 42
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 16
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (154)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (84)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (78)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (70)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (69)