Jul 5, 2011, 5:40 PM EDT
You hear about guys who do the “road trip to see every ballpark” thing every year — and you secretly believe that you could do it in higher style than those jokers could — but I can’t recall ever hearing it via bicycle:
Since the former food co-op employee from Bellingham, Wash., committed to ride his 27-speed, steel-framed bicycle to all 30 stadiums in the course of an April-to-September big league slate, he’s already pedaled more than 6,000 miles of the estimated 10,500-mile journey. “It’s awesome,” he says. “I can’t believe I’m actually doing it.”
Oh, had I but world enough and time, I’d probably be doing the same thing.
I’d be doing it in a Camaro or something, but yeah, basically the same thing.
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 0
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 36
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 15
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 69
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 23
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76