Jul 5, 2011, 5:40 PM EST
You hear about guys who do the “road trip to see every ballpark” thing every year — and you secretly believe that you could do it in higher style than those jokers could — but I can’t recall ever hearing it via bicycle:
Since the former food co-op employee from Bellingham, Wash., committed to ride his 27-speed, steel-framed bicycle to all 30 stadiums in the course of an April-to-September big league slate, he’s already pedaled more than 6,000 miles of the estimated 10,500-mile journey. ”It’s awesome,” he says. “I can’t believe I’m actually doing it.”
Oh, had I but world enough and time, I’d probably be doing the same thing.
I’d be doing it in a Camaro or something, but yeah, basically the same thing.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (90)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)