Jul 5, 2011, 11:00 AM EST
Remember that ugly bit of ugliness involving Jon Rauch over the weekend? In which his manager, John Farrell, had to come out and hold him back from killing home plate umpire Alfonso Marquez, ripping Rauch’s jersey off in the process? Yeah, well, Farrell got the worst of it:
When asked Monday how he didn’t pull a muscle or end up on the DL in his attempts to restrain Rauch, Farrell said that almost happened. Farrell said that Rauch’s elbow hit him square in his left jaw joint and he had to have his jaw re-set following the game.
See the elbow shot in this GIF of the incident here. The presumably big fine leveled against Rauch by the Blue Jays kangaroo court will not be televised.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)