Jul 5, 2011, 11:00 AM EST
Remember that ugly bit of ugliness involving Jon Rauch over the weekend? In which his manager, John Farrell, had to come out and hold him back from killing home plate umpire Alfonso Marquez, ripping Rauch’s jersey off in the process? Yeah, well, Farrell got the worst of it:
When asked Monday how he didn’t pull a muscle or end up on the DL in his attempts to restrain Rauch, Farrell said that almost happened. Farrell said that Rauch’s elbow hit him square in his left jaw joint and he had to have his jaw re-set following the game.
See the elbow shot in this GIF of the incident here. The presumably big fine leveled against Rauch by the Blue Jays kangaroo court will not be televised.
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano 76
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (98)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano (82)