Jul 5, 2011, 11:00 AM EDT
Remember that ugly bit of ugliness involving Jon Rauch over the weekend? In which his manager, John Farrell, had to come out and hold him back from killing home plate umpire Alfonso Marquez, ripping Rauch’s jersey off in the process? Yeah, well, Farrell got the worst of it:
When asked Monday how he didn’t pull a muscle or end up on the DL in his attempts to restrain Rauch, Farrell said that almost happened. Farrell said that Rauch’s elbow hit him square in his left jaw joint and he had to have his jaw re-set following the game.
See the elbow shot in this GIF of the incident here. The presumably big fine leveled against Rauch by the Blue Jays kangaroo court will not be televised.
- Wrigley Field — the most human park in baseball — turns 100-years-old 10
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 59
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 41
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 48
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 106