Jul 5, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
We heard a week or two ago that Jon Garland is worried about his career in light of his shoulder problems. That may have just been some understandable fretting. It’s hard to say. But people are now saying that, at the very least, Garland’s 2011 season could be history. Specifically, Tony Jackson of ESPNLosAngeles.com, who was told by a “a well-placed source” Garland is likely done for the season.
Garland went 1-5 with a 4.33 ERA in 54 innings before being shut down. From the sounds of it — and based on how badly some guys have struggled coming back from shoulder problems — there is a non-trivial chance that those are the last 54 innings he’ll ever pitch.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 49
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 66
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 51
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 51
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 65
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 106
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (106)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)