Jul 5, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
We heard a week or two ago that Jon Garland is worried about his career in light of his shoulder problems. That may have just been some understandable fretting. It’s hard to say. But people are now saying that, at the very least, Garland’s 2011 season could be history. Specifically, Tony Jackson of ESPNLosAngeles.com, who was told by a “a well-placed source” Garland is likely done for the season.
Garland went 1-5 with a 4.33 ERA in 54 innings before being shut down. From the sounds of it — and based on how badly some guys have struggled coming back from shoulder problems — there is a non-trivial chance that those are the last 54 innings he’ll ever pitch.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 77
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 77
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 102
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (102)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (78)