Jul 5, 2011, 4:15 PM EDT
It’s probably no big deal, but Kevin Youkilis has been scratched from tonight’s lineup a day after leaving the game early following a plunking to the shoulder. Gordon Edes says that Youk should be back in action tomorrow.
Of course, if he were half the man Albert Pujols is, his body would have healed the contusion instantly and regenerated some extra fast-twitch cells in the affected region, all while performing a Level 3 self-diagnostic and doing some essential upgrades to his positronic matrix.
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 16
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 11
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 182
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 21
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 34
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (183)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)