Jul 5, 2011, 4:15 PM EDT
It’s probably no big deal, but Kevin Youkilis has been scratched from tonight’s lineup a day after leaving the game early following a plunking to the shoulder. Gordon Edes says that Youk should be back in action tomorrow.
Of course, if he were half the man Albert Pujols is, his body would have healed the contusion instantly and regenerated some extra fast-twitch cells in the affected region, all while performing a Level 3 self-diagnostic and doing some essential upgrades to his positronic matrix.
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 2
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 20
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 61
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 131
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (131)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)