Jul 5, 2011, 4:15 PM EDT
It’s probably no big deal, but Kevin Youkilis has been scratched from tonight’s lineup a day after leaving the game early following a plunking to the shoulder. Gordon Edes says that Youk should be back in action tomorrow.
Of course, if he were half the man Albert Pujols is, his body would have healed the contusion instantly and regenerated some extra fast-twitch cells in the affected region, all while performing a Level 3 self-diagnostic and doing some essential upgrades to his positronic matrix.
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 32
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 25
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 35
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 71
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 75
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 44
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 220
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)