Jul 5, 2011, 4:15 PM EDT
It’s probably no big deal, but Kevin Youkilis has been scratched from tonight’s lineup a day after leaving the game early following a plunking to the shoulder. Gordon Edes says that Youk should be back in action tomorrow.
Of course, if he were half the man Albert Pujols is, his body would have healed the contusion instantly and regenerated some extra fast-twitch cells in the affected region, all while performing a Level 3 self-diagnostic and doing some essential upgrades to his positronic matrix.
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 3
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 3
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 28
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 29
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Zack Greinke homers, Dodgers demolish the Giants 17-0 at AT&T Park 20
- Frank Torre: 1931-2014 6
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (87)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)