Jul 5, 2011, 4:15 PM EDT
It’s probably no big deal, but Kevin Youkilis has been scratched from tonight’s lineup a day after leaving the game early following a plunking to the shoulder. Gordon Edes says that Youk should be back in action tomorrow.
Of course, if he were half the man Albert Pujols is, his body would have healed the contusion instantly and regenerated some extra fast-twitch cells in the affected region, all while performing a Level 3 self-diagnostic and doing some essential upgrades to his positronic matrix.
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 21
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 31
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)