Jul 5, 2011, 5:10 PM EDT
For as much fun as it has been to see the Braves continue to win baseball games with a lineup that shouldn’t, by all that is right and fair in the world, be able to hit its way out of a paper bag, getting Martin Prado back has to be high on Fredi Gonzalez’s list of things that need to happen. His return is closer now, as it appears as though he’ll begin a rehab assignment tomorrow.
Prado has said he wants to come back for the big series against Philly this weekend, but he also said that he thinks he needs about 60 at bats in order to get his swing back in order, and that won’t happen in just a couple of AAA games. Seems like the better bet is to let him cruise through the weekend with Gwinnett, rest for the All-Star break and the rejoin the Bravos next Friday when the Nats come to Atlanta to open up the second half.
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 2
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 93
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (110)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (94)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)