Jul 5, 2011, 5:10 PM EDT
For as much fun as it has been to see the Braves continue to win baseball games with a lineup that shouldn’t, by all that is right and fair in the world, be able to hit its way out of a paper bag, getting Martin Prado back has to be high on Fredi Gonzalez’s list of things that need to happen. His return is closer now, as it appears as though he’ll begin a rehab assignment tomorrow.
Prado has said he wants to come back for the big series against Philly this weekend, but he also said that he thinks he needs about 60 at bats in order to get his swing back in order, and that won’t happen in just a couple of AAA games. Seems like the better bet is to let him cruise through the weekend with Gwinnett, rest for the All-Star break and the rejoin the Bravos next Friday when the Nats come to Atlanta to open up the second half.
- We’re not going to pretend that Bo Porter had no idea what he was getting into, are we? 40
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 47
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 27
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 59
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 56
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 47
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 19
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (74)