Jul 5, 2011, 11:19 AM EDT
Mike Stanton hasn’t homered since June 11, which is the longest drought of the slugger’s young career, and Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald reports that Stanton will see a specialist tomorrow regarding blurred vision stemming from an eye infection.
Stanton missed three games because of the infection last month and told Spencer that he’s “having trouble seeing still” and “it feels like I’m kind of looking through something hazy.”
Stanton downplayed the blurred vision’s impact on his production, saying several times that he didn’t want to make any excuses, but he’s just 7-for-37 (.189) with 18 strikeouts in his last 10 games. Prior to that stretch he hit .262 with 22 homers in 69 games.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (81)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (77)