Jul 5, 2011, 11:19 AM EDT
Mike Stanton hasn’t homered since June 11, which is the longest drought of the slugger’s young career, and Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald reports that Stanton will see a specialist tomorrow regarding blurred vision stemming from an eye infection.
Stanton missed three games because of the infection last month and told Spencer that he’s “having trouble seeing still” and “it feels like I’m kind of looking through something hazy.”
Stanton downplayed the blurred vision’s impact on his production, saying several times that he didn’t want to make any excuses, but he’s just 7-for-37 (.189) with 18 strikeouts in his last 10 games. Prior to that stretch he hit .262 with 22 homers in 69 games.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (108)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)