Jul 5, 2011, 2:52 PM EDT
Luke Scott has played through a torn shoulder labrum for much of the season, with horrible results, and now the Orioles have finally decided to shut him down.
Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun reports that Scott will be placed on the disabled list after hitting just .223 with a .712 OPS that’s 135 points below his career mark. He went just 12-for-62 (.194) with 15 strikeouts since June 1.
Scott will be eligible to return shortly after the All-Star break, but according to Connolly season-ending surgery remains an option depending on how the shoulder responds to time off.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)