Jul 5, 2011, 2:52 PM EDT
Luke Scott has played through a torn shoulder labrum for much of the season, with horrible results, and now the Orioles have finally decided to shut him down.
Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun reports that Scott will be placed on the disabled list after hitting just .223 with a .712 OPS that’s 135 points below his career mark. He went just 12-for-62 (.194) with 15 strikeouts since June 1.
Scott will be eligible to return shortly after the All-Star break, but according to Connolly season-ending surgery remains an option depending on how the shoulder responds to time off.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (122)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (116)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (81)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- MST: Rosberg wins pole in Monaco | Highlights
- Tennis.com: Can anyone stop Serena at French?
- Tennis.com: Is French still Nadal's to lose?
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy