Troy Tulowitzki out of the lineup, but says quadriceps injury “not serious”

Jul 5, 2011, 5:32 PM EDT

Troy Tulowitzki

Troy Tulowitzki is out of the Rockies’ lineup tonight, but the shortstop told Troy Renck of the Denver Post that his quadriceps injury “is not serious.”

Instead he’s merely “a little sore” and “have learned the hard way I can’t rush it.” However, according to Renck he’s likely to miss “the next few games.”

Tulowitzki missed nearly one-third of the season with a quadriceps injury in 2008, but it sounds like he may avoid the disabled list this time around. Counting tonight the Rockies have six games remaining in the first half, so if Tulowitzki can’t return before the break it’ll be interesting to see if he plays in the All-Star game or, unlike Placido Polanco, decides to take the time to rest for the second half.

Colorado is also without Carlos Gonzalez, who’s active but sidelined by a wrist injury, which is why the Rockies called up Ian Stewart from Triple-A.

1. royhobbs39 - Jul 5, 2011 at 5:44 PM

quadricepts…

• trevorb06 - Jul 5, 2011 at 5:46 PM

I beat you to this earlier today with my tricepts comment. Nice touch though. :-) Had I been logged on and not taken the extra minute to log in I’d have beat you to this post, but I stand 2nd place.

Speaking of cepts, did that guy finally realize he has no place here?

• royhobbs39 - Jul 5, 2011 at 5:56 PM

I think he has been busy delivering a verdict in the Casey Anthony trial…

• trevorb06 - Jul 5, 2011 at 5:58 PM

Naw… He probably got caught commenting on the job when he should have been cleaning that big pile of dishes.

• jimbo1949 - Jul 5, 2011 at 7:34 PM

Craig banned him last week for being his unusual obnoxious self.

Who's outside looking in on playoffs?
  1. R. Castillo (2952)