Jul 5, 2011, 1:04 PM EDT
I didn’t wake up this morning with the intent of taking cheap shots at Derek Jeter, but sometimes the fates just set you up for that kind of thing. Straight from the MLB PR department:
HBO and Major League Baseball Productions are teaming up for a new documentary chronicling New York Yankees shortstop Derek Jeter’s quest for his 3,000th career hit. The one-hour special, titled “DEREK JETER 3K,” will take viewers behind the scenes as Jeter attempts to reach the milestone.
I can’t wait for the emotional scene when Jeter says “wait … I’m an inner-circle Hall of Famer who will probably have streets named after him one day. Do I really have to wear this?”
According to the press release, the documentary will air “a few weeks after the milestone is reached.”
So, you know, you may want to make sure your nursing home gets HBO.
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 10
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 156
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 29
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39