Jul 5, 2011, 1:04 PM EDT
I didn’t wake up this morning with the intent of taking cheap shots at Derek Jeter, but sometimes the fates just set you up for that kind of thing. Straight from the MLB PR department:
HBO and Major League Baseball Productions are teaming up for a new documentary chronicling New York Yankees shortstop Derek Jeter’s quest for his 3,000th career hit. The one-hour special, titled “DEREK JETER 3K,” will take viewers behind the scenes as Jeter attempts to reach the milestone.
I can’t wait for the emotional scene when Jeter says “wait … I’m an inner-circle Hall of Famer who will probably have streets named after him one day. Do I really have to wear this?”
According to the press release, the documentary will air “a few weeks after the milestone is reached.”
So, you know, you may want to make sure your nursing home gets HBO.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)