Jul 6, 2011, 5:10 PM EDT
A day after being activated — but seeing no playing time — Albert Pujols is back in the Cardinals’ lineup, batting third and playing first base.
Whatever we can say about his quick recovery, if I were the opposition, I’d certainly want to test just how recovered he is. I certainly wouldn’t want to hit the guy or anything — we’re not savages here — but I’d probably feed him a steady diet of hard inside stuff to see just how strong that wrist is. And then he’d probably hit, like, three homers, but that’s why I’m not a pitching coach or a manager or whatever.
Anyway, welcome back El Hombre.
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 0
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 99
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 17
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 23
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39