Jul 6, 2011, 5:10 PM EDT
A day after being activated — but seeing no playing time — Albert Pujols is back in the Cardinals’ lineup, batting third and playing first base.
Whatever we can say about his quick recovery, if I were the opposition, I’d certainly want to test just how recovered he is. I certainly wouldn’t want to hit the guy or anything — we’re not savages here — but I’d probably feed him a steady diet of hard inside stuff to see just how strong that wrist is. And then he’d probably hit, like, three homers, but that’s why I’m not a pitching coach or a manager or whatever.
Anyway, welcome back El Hombre.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (94)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (87)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)