Jul 6, 2011, 5:10 PM EDT
A day after being activated — but seeing no playing time — Albert Pujols is back in the Cardinals’ lineup, batting third and playing first base.
Whatever we can say about his quick recovery, if I were the opposition, I’d certainly want to test just how recovered he is. I certainly wouldn’t want to hit the guy or anything — we’re not savages here — but I’d probably feed him a steady diet of hard inside stuff to see just how strong that wrist is. And then he’d probably hit, like, three homers, but that’s why I’m not a pitching coach or a manager or whatever.
Anyway, welcome back El Hombre.
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 43
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 33
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (104)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)