Jul 6, 2011, 5:10 PM EDT
A day after being activated — but seeing no playing time — Albert Pujols is back in the Cardinals’ lineup, batting third and playing first base.
Whatever we can say about his quick recovery, if I were the opposition, I’d certainly want to test just how recovered he is. I certainly wouldn’t want to hit the guy or anything — we’re not savages here — but I’d probably feed him a steady diet of hard inside stuff to see just how strong that wrist is. And then he’d probably hit, like, three homers, but that’s why I’m not a pitching coach or a manager or whatever.
Anyway, welcome back El Hombre.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 0
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring 77
- Yankees GM Brian Cashman acknowledges team won’t pay A-Rod $6 million bonus for 660th home run 58
- Willie Mays congratulates Alex Rodriguez for reaching 660 career home runs 30
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 38
- Ryan Hanigan needs surgery, so the Red Sox will call up prospect Blake Swihart 15
- Royals’ bullpen blows no-hit bid in the eighth inning against the Tigers 7
- Alex Rodriguez hits a pinch-hit home run to tie Willie Mays at 660 home runs 93
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (362)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (201)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (162)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)