Jul 6, 2011, 9:22 AM EDT
Today on Real Managers of the National League, Bruce fires back after Clint and Jack get all up in his grill!
Jack McKeon and Clint Hurdle, who manage the Marlins and Pirates, respectively, criticized Bruce Bochy for snubbing players on their teams. On Tuesday, Bochy fired back, saying many managers phoned him before the picks were made to lobby for certain players, but McKeon and Hurdle did not.
“What bothers me are some of the comments made by other managers,” Bochy said. “Now you’re getting personal, disparaging other players. That’s not what this game is about. The two that complained, I’ve known them for over 25 years and didn’t hear from them. That bothered me.”
At this point, if baseball truly were a reality show, another manager — say, Don Mattingly — would go to the little confession room or whatever they call it and say “I guess what Bruce just doesn’t understand is that Clint and Jack were just trying to stick up for their own guys. Which is something Bruce would probably do if the situation were reversed.”
I’d like to think that Mattingly would then offer some version of “Oh no he din’t!” but that’s probably asking too much.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 0
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 74
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 5
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 16
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 8
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (74)