Jul 6, 2011, 8:28 PM EDT
The Cardinals continue to get healthier.
Sanchez started a throwing program at the beginning of July and will head out on a minor league rehab assignment Thursday at Double-A Springfield.
Sanchez has thoroughly impressed since arriving in the major leagues in mid-April, featuring a 1.88 ERA and 33 strikeouts in his first 28 2/3 innings. But the 22-year-old suffered a strained shoulder on June 12 and has been sidelined ever since. Once cleared physically, he will return to his eighth-inning setup role.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 21
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 22
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 39
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 55
- Maximum stay on Hall of Fame ballot changed from 15 to 10 years 66
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (164)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)