Jul 6, 2011, 8:28 PM EDT
The Cardinals continue to get healthier.
Sanchez started a throwing program at the beginning of July and will head out on a minor league rehab assignment Thursday at Double-A Springfield.
Sanchez has thoroughly impressed since arriving in the major leagues in mid-April, featuring a 1.88 ERA and 33 strikeouts in his first 28 2/3 innings. But the 22-year-old suffered a strained shoulder on June 12 and has been sidelined ever since. Once cleared physically, he will return to his eighth-inning setup role.
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 4
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 4
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 59
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 110
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 78
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 76
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (110)