Jul 6, 2011, 8:28 PM EDT
The Cardinals continue to get healthier.
Sanchez started a throwing program at the beginning of July and will head out on a minor league rehab assignment Thursday at Double-A Springfield.
Sanchez has thoroughly impressed since arriving in the major leagues in mid-April, featuring a 1.88 ERA and 33 strikeouts in his first 28 2/3 innings. But the 22-year-old suffered a strained shoulder on June 12 and has been sidelined ever since. Once cleared physically, he will return to his eighth-inning setup role.
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 50
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 12
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 17
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 39
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)