Jul 6, 2011, 8:28 PM EDT
The Cardinals continue to get healthier.
Sanchez started a throwing program at the beginning of July and will head out on a minor league rehab assignment Thursday at Double-A Springfield.
Sanchez has thoroughly impressed since arriving in the major leagues in mid-April, featuring a 1.88 ERA and 33 strikeouts in his first 28 2/3 innings. But the 22-year-old suffered a strained shoulder on June 12 and has been sidelined ever since. Once cleared physically, he will return to his eighth-inning setup role.
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 3
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 209
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 91
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (211)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (121)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)