Jul 6, 2011, 8:55 AM EDT
It’s hard to remember a free agent signing that led to so much buyer’s remorse so soon as Jason Bay‘s has. But maybe, just maybe, Bay will be able to change some minds.
He’s off to a good start with that, hitting two homers and driving in four last night in Los Angeles. Overall he has an eight-game hitting streak in which he’s hitting .366 and in which he has driven in 12 runs. The last couple days worth of hotness has been well-timed too, coming with Jose Reyes out of the lineup and allowing the Mets to keep their mojo working.
So: Jason Bay, dead man surprisingly walking. And maybe not so dead after all.
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 23
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 3
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 17
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 47
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 12
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 15
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 37
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 50
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)