Jul 6, 2011, 8:55 AM EDT
It’s hard to remember a free agent signing that led to so much buyer’s remorse so soon as Jason Bay‘s has. But maybe, just maybe, Bay will be able to change some minds.
He’s off to a good start with that, hitting two homers and driving in four last night in Los Angeles. Overall he has an eight-game hitting streak in which he’s hitting .366 and in which he has driven in 12 runs. The last couple days worth of hotness has been well-timed too, coming with Jose Reyes out of the lineup and allowing the Mets to keep their mojo working.
So: Jason Bay, dead man surprisingly walking. And maybe not so dead after all.
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 68
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 46
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 9
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)