Jul 6, 2011, 8:55 AM EDT
It’s hard to remember a free agent signing that led to so much buyer’s remorse so soon as Jason Bay‘s has. But maybe, just maybe, Bay will be able to change some minds.
He’s off to a good start with that, hitting two homers and driving in four last night in Los Angeles. Overall he has an eight-game hitting streak in which he’s hitting .366 and in which he has driven in 12 runs. The last couple days worth of hotness has been well-timed too, coming with Jose Reyes out of the lineup and allowing the Mets to keep their mojo working.
So: Jason Bay, dead man surprisingly walking. And maybe not so dead after all.
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 0
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 33
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 40
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 16
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 23