Jul 6, 2011, 8:55 AM EDT
It’s hard to remember a free agent signing that led to so much buyer’s remorse so soon as Jason Bay‘s has. But maybe, just maybe, Bay will be able to change some minds.
He’s off to a good start with that, hitting two homers and driving in four last night in Los Angeles. Overall he has an eight-game hitting streak in which he’s hitting .366 and in which he has driven in 12 runs. The last couple days worth of hotness has been well-timed too, coming with Jose Reyes out of the lineup and allowing the Mets to keep their mojo working.
So: Jason Bay, dead man surprisingly walking. And maybe not so dead after all.
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 0
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 8
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 35
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 9
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 71
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 53
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 23
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 86
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (262)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)