Jul 6, 2011, 8:55 AM EDT
It’s hard to remember a free agent signing that led to so much buyer’s remorse so soon as Jason Bay‘s has. But maybe, just maybe, Bay will be able to change some minds.
He’s off to a good start with that, hitting two homers and driving in four last night in Los Angeles. Overall he has an eight-game hitting streak in which he’s hitting .366 and in which he has driven in 12 runs. The last couple days worth of hotness has been well-timed too, coming with Jose Reyes out of the lineup and allowing the Mets to keep their mojo working.
So: Jason Bay, dead man surprisingly walking. And maybe not so dead after all.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 21
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)