Jul 6, 2011, 3:48 PM EDT
Kevin Youkilis, who missed yesterday’s game after being plunked on Monday, is feeling better and is back in the lineup for tonight’s game against the Jays. One hitch: he’s playing first base, filling in for Adrian Gonzalez, who is apparently just getting a day off.
Query: why does Terry Francona give Gonzalez a day off now rather than last week when he was having problems fitting David Ortiz into the lineup in NL parks?
Eh, he’s got two rings. I suppose I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt.
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 14
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 12
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 29
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 61
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (144)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (94)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)