Jul 6, 2011, 3:48 PM EDT
Kevin Youkilis, who missed yesterday’s game after being plunked on Monday, is feeling better and is back in the lineup for tonight’s game against the Jays. One hitch: he’s playing first base, filling in for Adrian Gonzalez, who is apparently just getting a day off.
Query: why does Terry Francona give Gonzalez a day off now rather than last week when he was having problems fitting David Ortiz into the lineup in NL parks?
Eh, he’s got two rings. I suppose I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt.
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 0
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 0
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 20
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 32
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 92
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)