Jul 6, 2011, 3:48 PM EST
Kevin Youkilis, who missed yesterday’s game after being plunked on Monday, is feeling better and is back in the lineup for tonight’s game against the Jays. One hitch: he’s playing first base, filling in for Adrian Gonzalez, who is apparently just getting a day off.
Query: why does Terry Francona give Gonzalez a day off now rather than last week when he was having problems fitting David Ortiz into the lineup in NL parks?
Eh, he’s got two rings. I suppose I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt.
- Recapping the Winter Meetings and looking ahead to the rest of the offseason 15
- Could baseball return to Montreal? 45
- Report: Rockies nearing a multi-year deal with Boone Logan 5
- Highlights from the Robinson Cano news conference 33
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 31
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (135)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)