Jul 6, 2011, 3:48 PM EDT
Kevin Youkilis, who missed yesterday’s game after being plunked on Monday, is feeling better and is back in the lineup for tonight’s game against the Jays. One hitch: he’s playing first base, filling in for Adrian Gonzalez, who is apparently just getting a day off.
Query: why does Terry Francona give Gonzalez a day off now rather than last week when he was having problems fitting David Ortiz into the lineup in NL parks?
Eh, he’s got two rings. I suppose I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt.
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 11
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 46
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 51
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 44
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 17
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (74)