Jul 6, 2011, 3:48 PM EST
Kevin Youkilis, who missed yesterday’s game after being plunked on Monday, is feeling better and is back in the lineup for tonight’s game against the Jays. One hitch: he’s playing first base, filling in for Adrian Gonzalez, who is apparently just getting a day off.
Query: why does Terry Francona give Gonzalez a day off now rather than last week when he was having problems fitting David Ortiz into the lineup in NL parks?
Eh, he’s got two rings. I suppose I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt.
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 31
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 34
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 116
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 46
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 17
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (117)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)