Jul 6, 2011, 10:01 PM EST
Pedro Feliciano‘s first season in pinstripes hasn’t gone so hot. And that’s not likely to change.
According to Marc Carig of the Newark Star-Ledger, the veteran-left hander has been shut down again from his ongoing rehabilitation from a torn shoulder capsule. He won’t resume throwing for at least a week and seems unlikely to overcome the injury before the end of the 2011 regular season.
Feliciano signed a two-year, $8 million free agent contract with the Yankees this past winter after posting a 3.30 ERA and holding left-hander batters to a .211/.297/.276 slash line in 2010 for the crosstown Mets. The 34-year-old suffered the injury during the middle of spring training and was placed on the disabled list before the start of the season. Things will have to change quickly for him to make it back before October.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 285
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 67
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (286)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)