Jul 6, 2011, 2:06 PM EDT
Braun has been sidelined since leaving Saturday’s game against the Twins. He was originally expected to return to the lineup last night, but felt more soreness after participating in batting practice.
While there’s still a chance that Braun could play during the team’s upcoming series against the Reds, Brewers manager Ron Roenicke indicated that he could require an extended absence.
“It’s still there so he’s going to see (team physician William) Raasch,” said Roenicke. “We’re going to check it out and make sure that everything is OK. It may be a couple more days. (Trainer) Roger (Caplinger) still doesn’t think it’s anything big. But sometimes it goes on longer than we expect.”
Braun was the leading vote-getter for the National League, but Roenicke would prefer the All-Star Game is not his first game back from the injury.
- Video: Jake Arrieta strikes out Chase Utley to complete his no-hitter 3
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 19
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 9
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 55
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)