Jul 6, 2011, 2:06 PM EDT
Braun has been sidelined since leaving Saturday’s game against the Twins. He was originally expected to return to the lineup last night, but felt more soreness after participating in batting practice.
While there’s still a chance that Braun could play during the team’s upcoming series against the Reds, Brewers manager Ron Roenicke indicated that he could require an extended absence.
“It’s still there so he’s going to see (team physician William) Raasch,” said Roenicke. “We’re going to check it out and make sure that everything is OK. It may be a couple more days. (Trainer) Roger (Caplinger) still doesn’t think it’s anything big. But sometimes it goes on longer than we expect.”
Braun was the leading vote-getter for the National League, but Roenicke would prefer the All-Star Game is not his first game back from the injury.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 48
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)