Jul 6, 2011, 2:06 PM EDT
Braun has been sidelined since leaving Saturday’s game against the Twins. He was originally expected to return to the lineup last night, but felt more soreness after participating in batting practice.
While there’s still a chance that Braun could play during the team’s upcoming series against the Reds, Brewers manager Ron Roenicke indicated that he could require an extended absence.
“It’s still there so he’s going to see (team physician William) Raasch,” said Roenicke. “We’re going to check it out and make sure that everything is OK. It may be a couple more days. (Trainer) Roger (Caplinger) still doesn’t think it’s anything big. But sometimes it goes on longer than we expect.”
Braun was the leading vote-getter for the National League, but Roenicke would prefer the All-Star Game is not his first game back from the injury.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (85)