Jul 6, 2011, 2:06 PM EDT
Braun has been sidelined since leaving Saturday’s game against the Twins. He was originally expected to return to the lineup last night, but felt more soreness after participating in batting practice.
While there’s still a chance that Braun could play during the team’s upcoming series against the Reds, Brewers manager Ron Roenicke indicated that he could require an extended absence.
“It’s still there so he’s going to see (team physician William) Raasch,” said Roenicke. “We’re going to check it out and make sure that everything is OK. It may be a couple more days. (Trainer) Roger (Caplinger) still doesn’t think it’s anything big. But sometimes it goes on longer than we expect.”
Braun was the leading vote-getter for the National League, but Roenicke would prefer the All-Star Game is not his first game back from the injury.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 21
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 171
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 70
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 37
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (172)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)