Jul 6, 2011, 5:30 PM EST
An MRI on Ryan Braun’s injured left calf showed only inflammation, MLB.com’s Adam McCalvy reports, and it’s possible the Brewers will have their left fielder back by Friday.
Braun hasn’t played since Saturday because of a strained left calf, and the Brewers have been hurting without him, though they did snap a three-game losing streak Wednesday thanks to a strong outing from Yovani Gallardo and Casey McGehee‘s first homer since May 20.
When Braun returns, he’ll be putting a 22-game hitting streak on the line. The All-Star is batting .320/.402/.559 with 16 homers, 62 RBI and 19 steals this season.
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 61
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 31
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 13
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 119
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (119)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (93)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)