Jul 6, 2011, 5:30 PM EDT
An MRI on Ryan Braun’s injured left calf showed only inflammation, MLB.com’s Adam McCalvy reports, and it’s possible the Brewers will have their left fielder back by Friday.
Braun hasn’t played since Saturday because of a strained left calf, and the Brewers have been hurting without him, though they did snap a three-game losing streak Wednesday thanks to a strong outing from Yovani Gallardo and Casey McGehee‘s first homer since May 20.
When Braun returns, he’ll be putting a 22-game hitting streak on the line. The All-Star is batting .320/.402/.559 with 16 homers, 62 RBI and 19 steals this season.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 11
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 41
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 45
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)