Jul 6, 2011, 5:30 PM EDT
An MRI on Ryan Braun’s injured left calf showed only inflammation, MLB.com’s Adam McCalvy reports, and it’s possible the Brewers will have their left fielder back by Friday.
Braun hasn’t played since Saturday because of a strained left calf, and the Brewers have been hurting without him, though they did snap a three-game losing streak Wednesday thanks to a strong outing from Yovani Gallardo and Casey McGehee‘s first homer since May 20.
When Braun returns, he’ll be putting a 22-game hitting streak on the line. The All-Star is batting .320/.402/.559 with 16 homers, 62 RBI and 19 steals this season.
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 9
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 42
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 61
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 72
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 44
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 51
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 30
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)