Jul 6, 2011, 5:30 PM EDT
An MRI on Ryan Braun’s injured left calf showed only inflammation, MLB.com’s Adam McCalvy reports, and it’s possible the Brewers will have their left fielder back by Friday.
Braun hasn’t played since Saturday because of a strained left calf, and the Brewers have been hurting without him, though they did snap a three-game losing streak Wednesday thanks to a strong outing from Yovani Gallardo and Casey McGehee‘s first homer since May 20.
When Braun returns, he’ll be putting a 22-game hitting streak on the line. The All-Star is batting .320/.402/.559 with 16 homers, 62 RBI and 19 steals this season.
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 10
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 115
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- This team. 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (117)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)