Jul 6, 2011, 5:30 PM EST
An MRI on Ryan Braun’s injured left calf showed only inflammation, MLB.com’s Adam McCalvy reports, and it’s possible the Brewers will have their left fielder back by Friday.
Braun hasn’t played since Saturday because of a strained left calf, and the Brewers have been hurting without him, though they did snap a three-game losing streak Wednesday thanks to a strong outing from Yovani Gallardo and Casey McGehee‘s first homer since May 20.
When Braun returns, he’ll be putting a 22-game hitting streak on the line. The All-Star is batting .320/.402/.559 with 16 homers, 62 RBI and 19 steals this season.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 30
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 63
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 28
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)