Jul 6, 2011, 12:40 PM EDT
The rehab seems like it’s going swimmingly. He has already thrown fastballs with full violence and anger and is slipping the bender in there as well.
While there’s a chance he could be pitching in real games before the year is out, I still think I’d err on the side of keeping him in practice settings, given that nothing is likely to be won or lost based on his presence this year. And even if there’s a chance of it, there is way too much to be risked by having Strasburg pitch too soon.
By the way, don’t you love that pic of Strasburg? Reminds me of the Rolling Stones’ “Hot Rocks” album cover. Or maybe Dylan’s Greatest Hits.
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 8
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 10
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 22
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 7
- Giants stomp Royals 7-1 in World Series Game 1 rout 34
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (89)