Jul 6, 2011, 12:40 PM EDT
The rehab seems like it’s going swimmingly. He has already thrown fastballs with full violence and anger and is slipping the bender in there as well.
While there’s a chance he could be pitching in real games before the year is out, I still think I’d err on the side of keeping him in practice settings, given that nothing is likely to be won or lost based on his presence this year. And even if there’s a chance of it, there is way too much to be risked by having Strasburg pitch too soon.
By the way, don’t you love that pic of Strasburg? Reminds me of the Rolling Stones’ “Hot Rocks” album cover. Or maybe Dylan’s Greatest Hits.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 7
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 18
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 15
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 36
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)