Jul 6, 2011, 12:40 PM EST
The rehab seems like it’s going swimmingly. He has already thrown fastballs with full violence and anger and is slipping the bender in there as well.
While there’s a chance he could be pitching in real games before the year is out, I still think I’d err on the side of keeping him in practice settings, given that nothing is likely to be won or lost based on his presence this year. And even if there’s a chance of it, there is way too much to be risked by having Strasburg pitch too soon.
By the way, don’t you love that pic of Strasburg? Reminds me of the Rolling Stones’ “Hot Rocks” album cover. Or maybe Dylan’s Greatest Hits.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)