Jul 6, 2011, 1:46 PM EDT
While today has been touted as the beginning of the Roger Clemens trial, there really isn’t much going on until next week. Why? Jury selection mostly, which began today, is supposed to last several days thanks in part to an extensive questionnaire. Eh, it happens.
More interesting to me is Rusty Hardin, Clemens’ terrible awful yet highly entertaining lawyer, who revealed today that he may call Wade Boggs and David Cone as witnesses. Each were teammates of Clemens. One wonders what possible relevant information they’d have seeing as though they were never called in connection with any of the previous steroids hearings.
- 2015 Preview: Colorado Rockies 2
- 2015 Preview: Minnesota Twins 13
- 2015 Preview: Philadelphia Phillies 24
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 43
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 22
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 21
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (91)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)