Jul 6, 2011, 1:46 PM EDT
While today has been touted as the beginning of the Roger Clemens trial, there really isn’t much going on until next week. Why? Jury selection mostly, which began today, is supposed to last several days thanks in part to an extensive questionnaire. Eh, it happens.
More interesting to me is Rusty Hardin, Clemens’ terrible awful yet highly entertaining lawyer, who revealed today that he may call Wade Boggs and David Cone as witnesses. Each were teammates of Clemens. One wonders what possible relevant information they’d have seeing as though they were never called in connection with any of the previous steroids hearings.
- The beauty of belief 10
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 30
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 70
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 15
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)