Jul 6, 2011, 1:46 PM EST
While today has been touted as the beginning of the Roger Clemens trial, there really isn’t much going on until next week. Why? Jury selection mostly, which began today, is supposed to last several days thanks in part to an extensive questionnaire. Eh, it happens.
More interesting to me is Rusty Hardin, Clemens’ terrible awful yet highly entertaining lawyer, who revealed today that he may call Wade Boggs and David Cone as witnesses. Each were teammates of Clemens. One wonders what possible relevant information they’d have seeing as though they were never called in connection with any of the previous steroids hearings.
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 20
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 17
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 12
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 65
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 82
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)