Jul 6, 2011, 1:46 PM EST
While today has been touted as the beginning of the Roger Clemens trial, there really isn’t much going on until next week. Why? Jury selection mostly, which began today, is supposed to last several days thanks in part to an extensive questionnaire. Eh, it happens.
More interesting to me is Rusty Hardin, Clemens’ terrible awful yet highly entertaining lawyer, who revealed today that he may call Wade Boggs and David Cone as witnesses. Each were teammates of Clemens. One wonders what possible relevant information they’d have seeing as though they were never called in connection with any of the previous steroids hearings.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 56
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 23
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 4
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 3
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 360
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (363)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (77)