Jul 6, 2011, 1:46 PM EDT
While today has been touted as the beginning of the Roger Clemens trial, there really isn’t much going on until next week. Why? Jury selection mostly, which began today, is supposed to last several days thanks in part to an extensive questionnaire. Eh, it happens.
More interesting to me is Rusty Hardin, Clemens’ terrible awful yet highly entertaining lawyer, who revealed today that he may call Wade Boggs and David Cone as witnesses. Each were teammates of Clemens. One wonders what possible relevant information they’d have seeing as though they were never called in connection with any of the previous steroids hearings.
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 75
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 62
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 66
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 72
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)