Jul 7, 2011, 9:31 PM EDT
Wang surrendered only two hits and issued no walks while reaching 92 mph at one point with his fastball.
Since beginning a minor league rehab assignment in late June, Wang has allowed only seven hits and two earned runs in 12 total innings. He’s fanned seven.
The 31-year-old still has some proving to do at the Triple-A level, but he would certainly seem to be on track to arrive in the nation’s capital by the end of July. Wang hasn’t appeared in a major league game since 2009, when he posted a 9.64 ERA in 42 innings with the Yankees. He still holds a decent 4.16 career ERA.
- Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Dickey goes 8, beats Rays for 2nd straight win
- PST: Mourinho officially leaving Real Madrid
- PHT: Stalberg returns to Hawks' lineup for Game 3
- PHT: Hawks look to boost intensity vs. Wings
- PFT: Brady says he's 'never felt better' throwing the ball
- PFT: Chad Johnson arrested for probation violation