Jul 7, 2011, 9:31 PM EST
Wang surrendered only two hits and issued no walks while reaching 92 mph at one point with his fastball.
Since beginning a minor league rehab assignment in late June, Wang has allowed only seven hits and two earned runs in 12 total innings. He’s fanned seven.
The 31-year-old still has some proving to do at the Triple-A level, but he would certainly seem to be on track to arrive in the nation’s capital by the end of July. Wang hasn’t appeared in a major league game since 2009, when he posted a 9.64 ERA in 42 innings with the Yankees. He still holds a decent 4.16 career ERA.
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 39
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 89
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 121
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 36
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 68
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (121)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (108)