Jul 7, 2011, 9:31 PM EST
Wang surrendered only two hits and issued no walks while reaching 92 mph at one point with his fastball.
Since beginning a minor league rehab assignment in late June, Wang has allowed only seven hits and two earned runs in 12 total innings. He’s fanned seven.
The 31-year-old still has some proving to do at the Triple-A level, but he would certainly seem to be on track to arrive in the nation’s capital by the end of July. Wang hasn’t appeared in a major league game since 2009, when he posted a 9.64 ERA in 42 innings with the Yankees. He still holds a decent 4.16 career ERA.
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 12
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 40
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15