Jul 7, 2011, 9:31 PM EDT
Wang surrendered only two hits and issued no walks while reaching 92 mph at one point with his fastball.
Since beginning a minor league rehab assignment in late June, Wang has allowed only seven hits and two earned runs in 12 total innings. He’s fanned seven.
The 31-year-old still has some proving to do at the Triple-A level, but he would certainly seem to be on track to arrive in the nation’s capital by the end of July. Wang hasn’t appeared in a major league game since 2009, when he posted a 9.64 ERA in 42 innings with the Yankees. He still holds a decent 4.16 career ERA.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)