Jul 7, 2011, 9:31 PM EDT
Wang surrendered only two hits and issued no walks while reaching 92 mph at one point with his fastball.
Since beginning a minor league rehab assignment in late June, Wang has allowed only seven hits and two earned runs in 12 total innings. He’s fanned seven.
The 31-year-old still has some proving to do at the Triple-A level, but he would certainly seem to be on track to arrive in the nation’s capital by the end of July. Wang hasn’t appeared in a major league game since 2009, when he posted a 9.64 ERA in 42 innings with the Yankees. He still holds a decent 4.16 career ERA.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 13
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 41
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17