Jul 7, 2011, 12:25 PM EDT
You may be shocked to hear this, but someone put a microphone in front of Curt Schilling yesterday and he decided to say some stuff that made him sound all authoritative and above it all. Crazy, I know!
Anybody who ever says performance-enhancing drugs didn’t help players produce offensive numbers is full of crap.” And with those numbers came championships that Schilling claims were tainted. “There isn’t a team in the last 20 years that has won clean,” he said.
And as soon as the interview was over, Schilling turned in his 2001, 2004 and 2007 World Series rings at Major League Baseball headquarters and had his name removed his World Series MVP plaque.
Just kidding! You get a trophy for winning the World Series MVP! Not a plaque!
- Reds hope to get Joey Votto back for the “stretch run” 5
- Jean Segura leaves Brewers following the death of his nine-month-old son 47
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 32
- Rangers catcher Geovany Soto arrested for marijuana possession 63
- Babe Ruth made his major league debut 100 years ago today 50
- Rockies owner: “maybe Denver doesn’t deserve a franchise . . . maybe time for it to find a new home” 80
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 33
- Masahiro Tanaka diagnosed with partially-torn UCL in elbow 114
- Shocker: the Red Sox publicly criticize A.J. Pierzynski after cutting him (191)
- John Lackey on Nelson Cruz: “Not even going to comment … I’ve got nothing to say about him” (143)
- Masahiro Tanaka diagnosed with partially-torn UCL in elbow (114)
- The 2014 All-Star rosters have been announced (103)
- Giants broadcaster says Angel Hernandez “does not belong in the big leagues” (102)