Jul 7, 2011, 12:25 PM EST
You may be shocked to hear this, but someone put a microphone in front of Curt Schilling yesterday and he decided to say some stuff that made him sound all authoritative and above it all. Crazy, I know!
Anybody who ever says performance-enhancing drugs didn’t help players produce offensive numbers is full of crap.” And with those numbers came championships that Schilling claims were tainted. “There isn’t a team in the last 20 years that has won clean,” he said.
And as soon as the interview was over, Schilling turned in his 2001, 2004 and 2007 World Series rings at Major League Baseball headquarters and had his name removed his World Series MVP plaque.
Just kidding! You get a trophy for winning the World Series MVP! Not a plaque!
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 85
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 8
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 28
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 33
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (97)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (93)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)