Jul 7, 2011, 12:25 PM EST
You may be shocked to hear this, but someone put a microphone in front of Curt Schilling yesterday and he decided to say some stuff that made him sound all authoritative and above it all. Crazy, I know!
Anybody who ever says performance-enhancing drugs didn’t help players produce offensive numbers is full of crap.” And with those numbers came championships that Schilling claims were tainted. “There isn’t a team in the last 20 years that has won clean,” he said.
And as soon as the interview was over, Schilling turned in his 2001, 2004 and 2007 World Series rings at Major League Baseball headquarters and had his name removed his World Series MVP plaque.
Just kidding! You get a trophy for winning the World Series MVP! Not a plaque!
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 67
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 25
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 66
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 256
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (257)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)