Jul 7, 2011, 2:35 PM EDT
As we saw yesterday, most of the pitchers Derek Jeter has the most hits against have been Red Sox. However, his career numbers against Boston aren’t so illustrious. Here is how he’s fared against his American League opponents:
Indians: 171-for-503 – .340
Angels: 194-for-584 – .332
Tigers: 173-for-525 – .330
Rangers: 179-for-558 – .321
Twins: 148-for-462 – .320
Blue Jays: 285-for-904 – .315
Royals: 155-for-493 – .314
Rays: 270-for-870 – .310
Athletics: 169-for-558 – .303
Orioles: 303-for-1004 – .302
White Sox: 142-for-550 – .289
Red Sox: 286-for-993 – .288
Mariners: 171-for-598 – .286
He has his worst OPS against Boston, a .753 mark. He’s at .771 against the White Sox and .774 against the Mariners.
His best OPS is against the Rangers, even though it’s just his fourth highest average. He’s hit 24 homers against Texas, which is his high mark against any team even though he has nearly 500 fewer plate appearances against them than against the Orioles or Red Sox. After Texas at .909, his second highest OPS is against the Angels, .887.
Against NL opponents, Jeter has come it at .333/.406/.490, a line well north of his career mark of .312/.383/.449. Of course, he’s faced the Mets far more than any other NL team, and he’s hit an outstanding .381/.435/.575 in 320 at-bats against them.
Jeter has also excelled against the Pirates (.417 in 36 AB) and Rockies (.412 in 34 AB). He’s struggled against the Astros (.216 in 37 AB) and Cubs (.217 in 23 AB).
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (85)