Jul 7, 2011, 2:35 PM EST
As we saw yesterday, most of the pitchers Derek Jeter has the most hits against have been Red Sox. However, his career numbers against Boston aren’t so illustrious. Here is how he’s fared against his American League opponents:
Indians: 171-for-503 – .340
Angels: 194-for-584 – .332
Tigers: 173-for-525 – .330
Rangers: 179-for-558 – .321
Twins: 148-for-462 – .320
Blue Jays: 285-for-904 – .315
Royals: 155-for-493 – .314
Rays: 270-for-870 – .310
Athletics: 169-for-558 – .303
Orioles: 303-for-1004 – .302
White Sox: 142-for-550 – .289
Red Sox: 286-for-993 – .288
Mariners: 171-for-598 – .286
He has his worst OPS against Boston, a .753 mark. He’s at .771 against the White Sox and .774 against the Mariners.
His best OPS is against the Rangers, even though it’s just his fourth highest average. He’s hit 24 homers against Texas, which is his high mark against any team even though he has nearly 500 fewer plate appearances against them than against the Orioles or Red Sox. After Texas at .909, his second highest OPS is against the Angels, .887.
Against NL opponents, Jeter has come it at .333/.406/.490, a line well north of his career mark of .312/.383/.449. Of course, he’s faced the Mets far more than any other NL team, and he’s hit an outstanding .381/.435/.575 in 320 at-bats against them.
Jeter has also excelled against the Pirates (.417 in 36 AB) and Rockies (.412 in 34 AB). He’s struggled against the Astros (.216 in 37 AB) and Cubs (.217 in 23 AB).
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 21
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 51
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 40
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (136)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (131)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)