HBT Daily: In which I go off on Aquaman. Like, seriously go off on Aquaman

Jul 7, 2011, 2:12 PM EDT

And watch as a totally perplexed Tiffany wonders who she did wrong in a past life to be stuck talking to a nerd like me every day.
This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
  1. Drew Silva - Jul 7, 2011 at 2:21 PM

Craig, I think I found the exact moment when Tiffany began wondering “who she did wrong in a past life to be stuck talking to a nerd like [you] every day.”

2. The Common Man - Jul 7, 2011 at 2:25 PM

Your grudge against Aquaman has long been a source of confusion for me, Craig. He’s the boss of sharks, and basically controls two-thirds of the Earth. Also, he’s particularly useful in and around our nation’s rivers and lakes. After all, aren’t virtually all American cities bumping up against a major waterway? At this point, I’ve been reduced to believing that you simply are racist against Atlanteans. Don’t ever take a cruise, dude, cuz I hear Namor’s got a temper.

3. Jonny 5 - Jul 7, 2011 at 2:49 PM

I never really got into comics. So I’m as lost as Tiffany really. By the sound of it though, it does seem Aqua Man is inferior compared to other superhero characters….

4. deathmonkey41 - Jul 7, 2011 at 2:50 PM

Craig, you kind of throw the Wonder Twins out there as scrubs you would rather have on your side than Aquaman, have you forgotten that they have Gleek?!?!?!? I don’t understand why anyone wouldn’t want to have a monkey in cape beside them when saving the world. It just doesn’t make sense. They should be up at the top of the list just because they have the primate factor on their side. You can never go wrong with a monkey.

• explodet - Jul 7, 2011 at 4:48 PM

I always kind of assumed that having a monkey was a consolation prize for that kid who got stuck with the power of heart on Captain Planet.

• cur68 - Jul 8, 2011 at 3:00 AM

…and a dog, deathmonkey41; you gotta have dog. Superman had a dog, the bionic woman had a dog, Wallace had Gromit (or Gromit had Wallace; I found it hard to tell). I recommend the mongrel mutt variety in black.

5. Mr. Jason "El Bravo" Heyward - Jul 7, 2011 at 2:51 PM

This scene is even better in russian.

6. Jack Marshall - Jul 7, 2011 at 2:52 PM

Unfair to Aquaman, Craig. Obviously he’s a fish out of water on land, but when the old Justice League had water issues…and they seemed to a lot…Aquie was a major player. Also, the original JLA presented him as something of their idea guy, like the Scraecrow in the Wizard of Oz—it was him, not Batman, who was usually the one to come up with the final scheme that saved the day.

By the way—since the JLA was usually called upon to fight aliens or demons or other super-or magically powered menaces, Batman was just as handicapped as Aquaman.

• goforthanddie - Jul 7, 2011 at 3:22 PM

Batman won’t die if he stays dry for an hour.

7. goforthanddie - Jul 7, 2011 at 3:25 PM

On one hand, Aquaman *can* kick major ass. On the other hand, he’s Spongebob without the laughs. And if you need someone to talk to fish, we all know Batman has special equipment somewhere on his utility belt for that. Probably right beside the Bat-shark-repellent.

8. sdelmonte - Jul 7, 2011 at 7:24 PM

Guess you haven’t seen the implausibly cool Aquaman on Batman: The Brave and the Bold.

Angels' 2011 overhaul finally paying off?
  1. G. Stanton (4042)