Jul 7, 2011, 1:50 PM EDT
We knew he is likely going on the disabled list today, but — via Jorge Arungure’s tweet — Enrique Rojas of ESPN Deportes reports that team doctors have told Jose Reyes that his bum hamstring will cause him to be out three weeks.
Reyes has been out since straining the hammy on Saturday against the Yankees. In that time the Mets have won four straight games. Which, unless you’re Ruben Tejada‘s mom or something, you have to understand is a coincidence.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 16
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 11
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 61
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 96
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (132)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)