Jul 7, 2011, 1:50 PM EST
We knew he is likely going on the disabled list today, but — via Jorge Arungure’s tweet — Enrique Rojas of ESPN Deportes reports that team doctors have told Jose Reyes that his bum hamstring will cause him to be out three weeks.
Reyes has been out since straining the hammy on Saturday against the Yankees. In that time the Mets have won four straight games. Which, unless you’re Ruben Tejada‘s mom or something, you have to understand is a coincidence.
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 5
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 4
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 27
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (93)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)