Jul 7, 2011, 1:50 PM EST
We knew he is likely going on the disabled list today, but — via Jorge Arungure’s tweet – Enrique Rojas of ESPN Deportes reports that team doctors have told Jose Reyes that his bum hamstring will cause him to be out three weeks.
Reyes has been out since straining the hammy on Saturday against the Yankees. In that time the Mets have won four straight games. Which, unless you’re Ruben Tejada‘s mom or something, you have to understand is a coincidence.
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 47
- Mark Prior’s retirement reminds us that young pitchers will break your heart 23
- Roy Halladay is retiring 53
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 49
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 61
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)