Jul 7, 2011, 1:50 PM EDT
We knew he is likely going on the disabled list today, but — via Jorge Arungure’s tweet — Enrique Rojas of ESPN Deportes reports that team doctors have told Jose Reyes that his bum hamstring will cause him to be out three weeks.
Reyes has been out since straining the hammy on Saturday against the Yankees. In that time the Mets have won four straight games. Which, unless you’re Ruben Tejada‘s mom or something, you have to understand is a coincidence.
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 2
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 4
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 83
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 51
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (90)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (85)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)