Jose Reyes: out three weeks

Jul 7, 2011, 1:50 PM EDT

Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim v New York Mets Getty Images

We knew he is likely going on the disabled list today, but — via Jorge Arungure’s tweet – Enrique Rojas of ESPN Deportes reports that team doctors have told Jose Reyes that his bum hamstring will cause him to be out three weeks.

Reyes has been out since straining the hammy on Saturday against the Yankees. In that time the Mets have won four straight games. Which, unless you’re Ruben Tejada‘s mom or something, you have to understand is a coincidence.

1. dodger88 - Jul 7, 2011 at 2:04 PM

“In that time the Mets have won four straight games.”

My Dodgers say “you’re welcome”

• SmackSaw - Jul 7, 2011 at 2:23 PM

The Sisters of Mary could beat the Dodgers four straight.

• dodger88 - Jul 7, 2011 at 2:47 PM

I’d be angry……if it weren’t true.

2. yankeesjetsknicksrangers - Jul 7, 2011 at 2:55 PM

Joooooose Jose Jose Jose Jooooooooooooose Jooooooooose

• Phillies Homer - Jul 7, 2011 at 3:02 PM

Yes… that is indeed his first name. Good contribution!

• yankeesjetsknicksrangers - Jul 7, 2011 at 3:37 PM

Wow, Seriously…..How could you not know the Jose chant? and your a Philly fan.

try to keep up……………

• Phillies Homer - Jul 7, 2011 at 3:54 PM

Yea… I had the damn chant stuck in my head ever since I read your post!!

Brings me back to the T.O. days…

Teeee Oooohh, Teee Ohhh, Teee Ohh, Teee Oh…. Teeeeee Ohhh… Teee Ohhhhhh.

3. uuddlrlrbastart - Jul 7, 2011 at 6:56 PM

Sandy Alderson needs to replace the medical staff immediately. Every player is day-to-day for like five days and then they miss weeks, months, the season. I’m still amazed that with all the changes made this past offseason, among those spared were the trainer and Dan Warthen.

4. fthrvic - Jul 8, 2011 at 12:03 AM

Griffey Jr. 2.0

Reyes doesn’t take care of his body (game preparation) and its starting to breakdown on him just like it did for Griffey Jr., depriving him of the 700 homers all of the media christened him with far too early in his career.

This was 'the perfect baseball game'
  1. S. Kazmir (5582)