Jul 7, 2011, 4:00 PM EST
I’m not gonna say that the trade market is going to be a bit dry this month, but when the Sean Burnett is being coveted by a contender, well, that kinda tells ya something.
Whether he really is being coveted is debatable, of course. You know how these thing go at this time of year. Craig Heist of WTOP in Washington reports, however, that the Ynakees have a “strong interest” in Burnett. He of the 3-5 record and 5.59 ERA in 39 games. Of course, he has been better in the past.
Mostly this is interesting, however, in that if a deal went down there would be two Burnetts in New York, and then they can go all “Highlander” on one another.
- Highlights from the Robinson Cano news conference 8
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 31
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 40
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 63
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 28
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (128)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)