Jul 7, 2011, 4:00 PM EDT
I’m not gonna say that the trade market is going to be a bit dry this month, but when the Sean Burnett is being coveted by a contender, well, that kinda tells ya something.
Whether he really is being coveted is debatable, of course. You know how these thing go at this time of year. Craig Heist of WTOP in Washington reports, however, that the Ynakees have a “strong interest” in Burnett. He of the 3-5 record and 5.59 ERA in 39 games. Of course, he has been better in the past.
Mostly this is interesting, however, in that if a deal went down there would be two Burnetts in New York, and then they can go all “Highlander” on one another.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 87
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 69
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)