Jul 7, 2011, 4:00 PM EDT
I’m not gonna say that the trade market is going to be a bit dry this month, but when the Sean Burnett is being coveted by a contender, well, that kinda tells ya something.
Whether he really is being coveted is debatable, of course. You know how these thing go at this time of year. Craig Heist of WTOP in Washington reports, however, that the Ynakees have a “strong interest” in Burnett. He of the 3-5 record and 5.59 ERA in 39 games. Of course, he has been better in the past.
Mostly this is interesting, however, in that if a deal went down there would be two Burnetts in New York, and then they can go all “Highlander” on one another.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (104)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (102)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (84)