Jul 7, 2011, 4:00 PM EDT
I’m not gonna say that the trade market is going to be a bit dry this month, but when the Sean Burnett is being coveted by a contender, well, that kinda tells ya something.
Whether he really is being coveted is debatable, of course. You know how these thing go at this time of year. Craig Heist of WTOP in Washington reports, however, that the Ynakees have a “strong interest” in Burnett. He of the 3-5 record and 5.59 ERA in 39 games. Of course, he has been better in the past.
Mostly this is interesting, however, in that if a deal went down there would be two Burnetts in New York, and then they can go all “Highlander” on one another.
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 136
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 83
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 29
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 82
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (175)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (85)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)