Jul 7, 2011, 4:00 PM EDT
I’m not gonna say that the trade market is going to be a bit dry this month, but when the Sean Burnett is being coveted by a contender, well, that kinda tells ya something.
Whether he really is being coveted is debatable, of course. You know how these thing go at this time of year. Craig Heist of WTOP in Washington reports, however, that the Ynakees have a “strong interest” in Burnett. He of the 3-5 record and 5.59 ERA in 39 games. Of course, he has been better in the past.
Mostly this is interesting, however, in that if a deal went down there would be two Burnetts in New York, and then they can go all “Highlander” on one another.
- Blue Jays manager John Gibbons will return in 2015 3
- HBT Daily: Why did Frank Wren get the axe? 2
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 57
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)