Jul 7, 2011, 9:12 AM EDT
Chuck Garfien of CSNChicago.com put together a pretty entertaining “investigative report” on Wednesday afternoon concerning the recent, and suddenly more frequent, appearance of a certain cardboard cutout in the White Sox clubhouse.
The Most Interesting Man In The World, a popular character created by the beer company Dos Equis, has begun showing his face around the locker rooms of U.S Cellular Field after White Sox victories. In the form of six-foot tall cardboard poster.
Perhaps Garfien should explain:
It’s a life-size cardboard cut-out of the man, who has quickly become the team’s unofficial mascot, carefully placed in the player of the night’s locker after every Sox victory. You’ll often find him repeatedly leering over the shoulders of Paul Konerko, Jake Peavy, Juan Pierre, etc., staring eerily into every TV camera pointed in his direction.
He is the life of parties he’s never attended.
He’s won trophies for his game face alone.
He can speak French, in Russian.
And as reliever Sergio Santos so eloquently put it, “He doesn’t always drink beer, but when he does, he drinks Dos Equis.”
The White Sox have gone 32-24 since opening the season with a dreadful 11-21 record and currently sit only 4 1/2 games back of the Indians for first place in the American League Central. It’s almost as if the Pale Hose opened the season 10 games under .500 … just to see what it would be like.
Anybody? Anybody? Stay thirsty, my friends.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 0
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 52
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)