Jul 7, 2011, 10:22 AM EDT
I find this funny for some reason. Under the headline “Clemens not getting a lot of love from jury pool” comes a report that, really, it has not been all that hard to find people who don’t know the first thing about The Rocket:
So far the pitcher hasn’t gotten a lot of love from the line of Washingtonians who have been questioned about their fitness to serve on his trial. There were some sports fans in the group, but most said they don’t know much about him.
Which is how it should be with a jury, of course. But if there’s any former player who bristles at this while thinking “don’t you know who I AM?” you figure it has to be Clemens.
That said, it’s in his best interests, I think, that they don’t know who he is. Because I don’t get the sense that to know Roger Clemens is to love him.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 74
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 53
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11