Jul 7, 2011, 10:22 AM EDT
I find this funny for some reason. Under the headline “Clemens not getting a lot of love from jury pool” comes a report that, really, it has not been all that hard to find people who don’t know the first thing about The Rocket:
So far the pitcher hasn’t gotten a lot of love from the line of Washingtonians who have been questioned about their fitness to serve on his trial. There were some sports fans in the group, but most said they don’t know much about him.
Which is how it should be with a jury, of course. But if there’s any former player who bristles at this while thinking “don’t you know who I AM?” you figure it has to be Clemens.
That said, it’s in his best interests, I think, that they don’t know who he is. Because I don’t get the sense that to know Roger Clemens is to love him.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 2
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 5
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 21
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 41
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 11
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 73
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)