Jul 7, 2011, 10:22 AM EDT
I find this funny for some reason. Under the headline “Clemens not getting a lot of love from jury pool” comes a report that, really, it has not been all that hard to find people who don’t know the first thing about The Rocket:
So far the pitcher hasn’t gotten a lot of love from the line of Washingtonians who have been questioned about their fitness to serve on his trial. There were some sports fans in the group, but most said they don’t know much about him.
Which is how it should be with a jury, of course. But if there’s any former player who bristles at this while thinking “don’t you know who I AM?” you figure it has to be Clemens.
That said, it’s in his best interests, I think, that they don’t know who he is. Because I don’t get the sense that to know Roger Clemens is to love him.
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 7
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 11
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 88
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 72
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)