Jul 7, 2011, 10:22 AM EDT
I find this funny for some reason. Under the headline “Clemens not getting a lot of love from jury pool” comes a report that, really, it has not been all that hard to find people who don’t know the first thing about The Rocket:
So far the pitcher hasn’t gotten a lot of love from the line of Washingtonians who have been questioned about their fitness to serve on his trial. There were some sports fans in the group, but most said they don’t know much about him.
Which is how it should be with a jury, of course. But if there’s any former player who bristles at this while thinking “don’t you know who I AM?” you figure it has to be Clemens.
That said, it’s in his best interests, I think, that they don’t know who he is. Because I don’t get the sense that to know Roger Clemens is to love him.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 51
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 71
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 52
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 51
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 67
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 107
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (107)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises (71)