Jul 8, 2011, 3:12 PM EDT
Jones has been playing through it to varying results. He had a rough June. He’s hitting a bit better in July so far and has a six-game hitting streak going — but he’s Chipper, and his body doesn’t have a history of simply snapping back into shape.
The Braves are said to be looking for a bat. If Jones is gone it wouldn’t necessarily mean they’d need an infield bat, however, because Martin Prado is going to back shortly and he is a better third baseman than Jones is. They could slide Prado to third if it comes to that and look for a left fielder. Or they could just be content with Nate McLouth out there, but eventually he and Jordan Schafer in the same outfield is gonna be a problem.
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 2
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 100
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (118)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)