Jul 8, 2011, 3:12 PM EST
Jones has been playing through it to varying results. He had a rough June. He’s hitting a bit better in July so far and has a six-game hitting streak going — but he’s Chipper, and his body doesn’t have a history of simply snapping back into shape.
The Braves are said to be looking for a bat. If Jones is gone it wouldn’t necessarily mean they’d need an infield bat, however, because Martin Prado is going to back shortly and he is a better third baseman than Jones is. They could slide Prado to third if it comes to that and look for a left fielder. Or they could just be content with Nate McLouth out there, but eventually he and Jordan Schafer in the same outfield is gonna be a problem.
- Report: Pablo Sandoval and the Red Sox agree to a five-year deal at close to $100 million 54
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 23
- Report: Red Sox finalizing a 5-year, $90 million deal with Hanley Ramirez 26
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 23
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 77
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)