Jul 8, 2011, 3:12 PM EDT
Jones has been playing through it to varying results. He had a rough June. He’s hitting a bit better in July so far and has a six-game hitting streak going — but he’s Chipper, and his body doesn’t have a history of simply snapping back into shape.
The Braves are said to be looking for a bat. If Jones is gone it wouldn’t necessarily mean they’d need an infield bat, however, because Martin Prado is going to back shortly and he is a better third baseman than Jones is. They could slide Prado to third if it comes to that and look for a left fielder. Or they could just be content with Nate McLouth out there, but eventually he and Jordan Schafer in the same outfield is gonna be a problem.
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects 61
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 9
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 19
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 25
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 44
- Craig Biggio, John Smoltz, Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez inducted into the Hall of Fame 41
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- Mike Trout hits two homers, including a grand slam, to take MLB lead 13
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (156)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)