Jul 8, 2011, 6:31 PM EDT
Curt Schilling just announced on Twitter that he’s auctioning of most of his baseball memorabilia collection, with a portion of the proceeds going to the Asperger’s Association of New England and the Shade Foundation.
Lots Nos. 1-204 of the Hunt Auction’s Live Auction at MLB All-Star FanFest are from Schilling’s private collection.
Highlights include a Roberto Clemente bat, two Lou Gehrig autographs, a Sadaharu Oh autographed jersey, a baseball signed by the 2007 World Series champion Red Sox, an Albert Pujols autographed jersey and many of Schilling’s own jerseys, also autographed.
The live auction is currently open for pre-bidding online, though online bids will not be allowed during the action itself.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 21
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (83)