Jul 8, 2011, 6:31 PM EST
Curt Schilling just announced on Twitter that he’s auctioning of most of his baseball memorabilia collection, with a portion of the proceeds going to the Asperger’s Association of New England and the Shade Foundation.
Lots Nos. 1-204 of the Hunt Auction’s Live Auction at MLB All-Star FanFest are from Schilling’s private collection.
Highlights include a Roberto Clemente bat, two Lou Gehrig autographs, a Sadaharu Oh autographed jersey, a baseball signed by the 2007 World Series champion Red Sox, an Albert Pujols autographed jersey and many of Schilling’s own jerseys, also autographed.
The live auction is currently open for pre-bidding online, though online bids will not be allowed during the action itself.
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 13
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 15
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 27
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 33
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 20
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)