Jul 8, 2011, 6:31 PM EDT
Curt Schilling just announced on Twitter that he’s auctioning of most of his baseball memorabilia collection, with a portion of the proceeds going to the Asperger’s Association of New England and the Shade Foundation.
Lots Nos. 1-204 of the Hunt Auction’s Live Auction at MLB All-Star FanFest are from Schilling’s private collection.
Highlights include a Roberto Clemente bat, two Lou Gehrig autographs, a Sadaharu Oh autographed jersey, a baseball signed by the 2007 World Series champion Red Sox, an Albert Pujols autographed jersey and many of Schilling’s own jerseys, also autographed.
The live auction is currently open for pre-bidding online, though online bids will not be allowed during the action itself.
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 4
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 20
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 10
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 79
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 89
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (108)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (89)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)