Jul 8, 2011, 6:31 PM EDT
Curt Schilling just announced on Twitter that he’s auctioning of most of his baseball memorabilia collection, with a portion of the proceeds going to the Asperger’s Association of New England and the Shade Foundation.
Lots Nos. 1-204 of the Hunt Auction’s Live Auction at MLB All-Star FanFest are from Schilling’s private collection.
Highlights include a Roberto Clemente bat, two Lou Gehrig autographs, a Sadaharu Oh autographed jersey, a baseball signed by the 2007 World Series champion Red Sox, an Albert Pujols autographed jersey and many of Schilling’s own jerseys, also autographed.
The live auction is currently open for pre-bidding online, though online bids will not be allowed during the action itself.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 113
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 155
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 22
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 52
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 56
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 356
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (356)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (199)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (172)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (155)