Jul 8, 2011, 11:32 PM EDT
Because any sort of fancy lede here would only stand to trivialize last night’s tragedy…
Josh Hamilton ripped a foul ball into the stands Friday night in the game against the A’s that struck a male fan sitting about five rows behind the third-base dugout, leaving the man bleeding from the face. Stadium personnel immediately tended to him, setting him up with a compress as he was taken away to get further medical attention.
The Rangers said the fan received stitches at the stadium and was OK afterwards. They didn’t identify him or provide any additional details.
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 3
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 209
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 91
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (213)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (124)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)