Jul 8, 2011, 11:32 PM EST
Because any sort of fancy lede here would only stand to trivialize last night’s tragedy…
Josh Hamilton ripped a foul ball into the stands Friday night in the game against the A’s that struck a male fan sitting about five rows behind the third-base dugout, leaving the man bleeding from the face. Stadium personnel immediately tended to him, setting him up with a compress as he was taken away to get further medical attention.
The Rangers said the fan received stitches at the stadium and was OK afterwards. They didn’t identify him or provide any additional details.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 12
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 64
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 78
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 61
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)