Jul 8, 2011, 11:32 PM EST
Because any sort of fancy lede here would only stand to trivialize last night’s tragedy…
Josh Hamilton ripped a foul ball into the stands Friday night in the game against the A’s that struck a male fan sitting about five rows behind the third-base dugout, leaving the man bleeding from the face. Stadium personnel immediately tended to him, setting him up with a compress as he was taken away to get further medical attention.
The Rangers said the fan received stitches at the stadium and was OK afterwards. They didn’t identify him or provide any additional details.
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 51
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 24