Jul 8, 2011, 11:32 PM EDT
Because any sort of fancy lede here would only stand to trivialize last night’s tragedy…
Josh Hamilton ripped a foul ball into the stands Friday night in the game against the A’s that struck a male fan sitting about five rows behind the third-base dugout, leaving the man bleeding from the face. Stadium personnel immediately tended to him, setting him up with a compress as he was taken away to get further medical attention.
The Rangers said the fan received stitches at the stadium and was OK afterwards. They didn’t identify him or provide any additional details.
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- PFT: Gronk's arm infection clear after surgery
- HBT: Dodgers have 'no plans' to fire Mattingly
- PBT: Brothers assaulted for taking Lillard's photo?
- PBT: Nets reportedly 'hone in' on Grizzlies' Hollins
- CBT: Ex-Rutgers coach Rice seeks Lucas' counsel