Jul 8, 2011, 11:32 PM EDT
Because any sort of fancy lede here would only stand to trivialize last night’s tragedy…
Josh Hamilton ripped a foul ball into the stands Friday night in the game against the A’s that struck a male fan sitting about five rows behind the third-base dugout, leaving the man bleeding from the face. Stadium personnel immediately tended to him, setting him up with a compress as he was taken away to get further medical attention.
The Rangers said the fan received stitches at the stadium and was OK afterwards. They didn’t identify him or provide any additional details.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)