Jul 8, 2011, 9:40 PM EST
The Phillies were dealt another blow on the injury front before tonight’s game, as Placido Polanco confirmed that he was diagnosed with a bulging disc in his back.
Polanco has begun taking an anti-inflammatory medication, but if the pills don’t help ease the discomfort in his back, he will be treated with an anti-inflammatory injection. The silver lining here is that while Polanco is out of the lineup for the fourth straight game tonight, he told CSNPhilly.com that he hasn’t ruled out playing this weekend against the division-rival Braves or even in the All-Star Game.
Polanco was voted in as the starting third baseman to represent the National League in next week’s All-Star Game. He’s hitting .274/.331/.346 with four homers and 39 RBI this season, but has a .216 batting average and .537 OPS since the start of May.
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 23
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (93)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)