Jul 8, 2011, 12:56 PM EST
Victorino jammed his thumb on an awkward fall in center field against the Blue Jays on July 3. He’ll be eligible to return during the second series following the All-Star break.
Victorino was awarded the final spot on the National League roster yesterday by winning the All-Star Final Vote balloting, but now Giants manager Bruce Bochy will be tasked with naming a replacement. Andre Ethier finished in second place with the fan vote, so he’s the most logical choice here, though I wouldn’t complain if Andrew McCutchen got his just due. Ah, who am I kidding, he’ll probably take Barry Zito.
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 21
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 51
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 40
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (136)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (131)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)