Jul 8, 2011, 12:56 PM EDT
Victorino jammed his thumb on an awkward fall in center field against the Blue Jays on July 3. He’ll be eligible to return during the second series following the All-Star break.
Victorino was awarded the final spot on the National League roster yesterday by winning the All-Star Final Vote balloting, but now Giants manager Bruce Bochy will be tasked with naming a replacement. Andre Ethier finished in second place with the fan vote, so he’s the most logical choice here, though I wouldn’t complain if Andrew McCutchen got his just due. Ah, who am I kidding, he’ll probably take Barry Zito.
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 129
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 30
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 40
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (141)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (101)