Jul 8, 2011, 12:56 PM EST
Victorino jammed his thumb on an awkward fall in center field against the Blue Jays on July 3. He’ll be eligible to return during the second series following the All-Star break.
Victorino was awarded the final spot on the National League roster yesterday by winning the All-Star Final Vote balloting, but now Giants manager Bruce Bochy will be tasked with naming a replacement. Andre Ethier finished in second place with the fan vote, so he’s the most logical choice here, though I wouldn’t complain if Andrew McCutchen got his just due. Ah, who am I kidding, he’ll probably take Barry Zito.
- Troy Tulowitzki trade between the Rockies and Mets is “not happening” 0
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 21
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 15
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 15
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 142
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 25
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (142)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)