Jul 9, 2011, 9:14 PM EDT
McCutchen was not anointed as an All-Star after the initial voting and wasn’t given a crack in this week’s “Final Vote” balloting, but he’s plenty deserving with a .292/.393/.500 batting line, 13 homers and 15 steals through 379 plate appearances. The 24-year-old also plays elite-level defense in center field.
A spot was opened on Saturday when Brewers left fielder Ryan Braun bowed out of the Midsummer Classic. He’s missed seven straight games with a sore calf and quadriceps, and might also sit out on Sunday.
- Dustin Pedroia returns to Red Sox starting lineup 2
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 95
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 11
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 230
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (230)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (105)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)