Jul 9, 2011, 9:14 PM EDT
McCutchen was not anointed as an All-Star after the initial voting and wasn’t given a crack in this week’s “Final Vote” balloting, but he’s plenty deserving with a .292/.393/.500 batting line, 13 homers and 15 steals through 379 plate appearances. The 24-year-old also plays elite-level defense in center field.
A spot was opened on Saturday when Brewers left fielder Ryan Braun bowed out of the Midsummer Classic. He’s missed seven straight games with a sore calf and quadriceps, and might also sit out on Sunday.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 44
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 28
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 28
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 61
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)