Jul 9, 2011, 9:14 PM EDT
McCutchen was not anointed as an All-Star after the initial voting and wasn’t given a crack in this week’s “Final Vote” balloting, but he’s plenty deserving with a .292/.393/.500 batting line, 13 homers and 15 steals through 379 plate appearances. The 24-year-old also plays elite-level defense in center field.
A spot was opened on Saturday when Brewers left fielder Ryan Braun bowed out of the Midsummer Classic. He’s missed seven straight games with a sore calf and quadriceps, and might also sit out on Sunday.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 11
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)