Jul 9, 2011, 9:35 AM EST
Well, sort of.
That’s the big headline you’ll see in the San Jose Mercury News today. And while it’s technically accurate, it’s not much different from what Carlos Beltran has said all along. Here were his comments before the last night’s game.
“I made it clear to the (Mets) organization: The only way I’ll accept a deal is if it’s to a team that is contending,” Beltran said after finishing a round of batting practice in an indoor cage. “We don’t know what the interest of the Giants is.”
Beltran may get a better sense of the team’s interest over the next few days, as Adam Rubin of ESPN New York reports that he and teammate Jose Reyes are expected to travel to the All-Star Game with the Giants’ representatives, which includes manager Bruce Bochy (who selected Beltran for the game), Tim Lincecum, Brian Wilson, Matt Cain and Ryan Vogelsong.
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 33
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 30
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 94
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 35
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (95)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)