Jul 9, 2011, 9:35 AM EDT
Well, sort of.
That’s the big headline you’ll see in the San Jose Mercury News today. And while it’s technically accurate, it’s not much different from what Carlos Beltran has said all along. Here were his comments before the last night’s game.
“I made it clear to the (Mets) organization: The only way I’ll accept a deal is if it’s to a team that is contending,” Beltran said after finishing a round of batting practice in an indoor cage. “We don’t know what the interest of the Giants is.”
Beltran may get a better sense of the team’s interest over the next few days, as Adam Rubin of ESPN New York reports that he and teammate Jose Reyes are expected to travel to the All-Star Game with the Giants’ representatives, which includes manager Bruce Bochy (who selected Beltran for the game), Tim Lincecum, Brian Wilson, Matt Cain and Ryan Vogelsong.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 68
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 7
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (86)