Jul 9, 2011, 1:27 PM EST
Maybe the missing home game won’t matter that much, after all.
Derek Jeter just singled to lead off the bottom of the first inning for career hit No. 2,999. On a 3-2 pitch, he hit a ground ball through the left side of the infield off Rays’ left-hander David Price.
Jeter now sits just one hit away from becoming the 28th player in baseball history to reach the 3000-hit plateau.
Stay tuned for updates throughout the afternoon.
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 108
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 34
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 68
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 259
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (111)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)