Jul 9, 2011, 2:27 PM EDT
Derek Jeter joined Wade Boggs in making his 3,000th hit a homer. Here’s how 27 of the 28 members joined the 3,000-hit club.
Boggs (Aug. 7, 1999)
Jeter (July 9, 2011)
Paul Molitor (Sept. 16, 1996)
Honus Wagner (June 9, 1914)
Nap Lajoie (Sept. 27, 1914)
Stan Musial (May 13, 1958)
Roberto Clemente (Sept. 30, 1972)
Al Kaline (Sept. 24, 1974)
Rickey Henderson (Oct. 7, 2001)
Rafael Palmeiro (July 15, 2005)
Ty Cobb (Aug. 19, 1921)
Tris Speaker (May 17, 1925)
Eddie Collins (June 6, 1925)
Paul Waner (June 19, 1942)
Hank Aaron (May 17, 1970)
Willie Mays (July 18, 1970)
Pete Rose (May 5, 1978)
Lou Brock (Aug. 13, 1979)
Carl Yastrzemski (Sept. 12, 1979)
Rod Carew (Aug. 4, 1985)
Robin Yount (Sept. 9, 1992)
George Brett (Sept. 30, 1992)
Dave Winfield (Sept. 16, 1993)
Eddie Murray (June 30, 1995)
Tony Gwynn (Aug. 6, 1999)
Cal Ripken Jr. (Apr. 15, 2000)
Craig Biggio (June 28, 2007)
What we don’t know is how Cap Anson, the first player to get 3,000 hits, did it. Some would say never actually did it — that he doesn’t belong in the club at all because he played five years in the National Association, which some don’t consider to be a major league. The Hall of Fame, though, recognizes Anson as finishing his career with 3,081 hits.
Apr 25, 2015, 11:05 PM EDT
Hisashi Iwakuma could miss up to a month after being diagnosed with a Grade 1 strain of his right lat muscle.
Apr 25, 2015, 10:15 PM EDT
Alex Rodriguez is one of many major leaguers Matt Harvey has impressed.
Apr 25, 2015, 9:25 PM EDT
Adrian Beltre humorously sent an invoice to Garrett Richards for the three bats he broke on Friday.
Apr 25, 2015, 8:52 PM EDT
Freddy Galvis threw his hat into the ring as an early contender for Play of the Year.
Apr 25, 2015, 8:37 PM EDT
Adam Wainwright suffered an apparent Achilles injury after hitting a pop-up in Saturday’s game against the Brewers.
Apr 25, 2015, 8:05 PM EDT
The Dodgers’ thin bullpen could get even thinner if Joel Peralta needs to go on the disabled list.
Apr 25, 2015, 7:10 PM EDT
The Rays designated slugger Allan Dykstra for assignment to make room for Everett Teaford on Saturday.
Apr 25, 2015, 6:15 PM EDT
Watch Kevin Plawecki swat his first major league homer.
Apr 25, 2015, 5:21 PM EDT
But it’s not Rusney Castillo time yet.
Apr 25, 2015, 5:01 PM EDT
The Marlins have stumbled out of the gate with a disappointing 6-11 record, but they entered play today on a three-game win streak and here’s some good news about their rehabbing ace.
Apr 25, 2015, 4:27 PM EDT
Fanning was involved in baseball for more than 60 years.
Apr 25, 2015, 4:01 PM EDT
It’s of utmost importance that this happens.
Apr 25, 2015, 3:48 PM EDT
It looked like the Blue Jays had one of the best young left-handed pitchers in the game after Romero compiled a 3.60 (119 ERA+) across his first three seasons in the majors, but his career veered off track after 2011 due to control problems and knee issues.
Apr 25, 2015, 3:05 PM EDT
Albers suffered a compression fracture of a finger on his throwing hand during Thursday’s brawl.
Apr 25, 2015, 2:16 PM EDT
The Rangers will reportedly only be responsible for less than $7 million of Hamilton’s remaining contract.
Apr 25, 2015, 1:58 PM EDT
Anthony Rendon suffered a sprained MCL in his left knee in early March, but he’s finally close to joining the Nationals.
Apr 25, 2015, 1:54 PM EDT
Surgery will likely cost him 4-6 weeks.
Apr 25, 2015, 1:05 PM EDT
TJ House will start in his place against Detroit.
Apr 25, 2015, 12:24 PM EDT
Six players were suspended for Thursday’s benches-clearing brawl between the White Sox and Royals. Yordano Ventura got the longest suspension with seven games.
Apr 25, 2015, 12:01 PM EDT
Nelson Cruz just keeps on mashing for the Mariners.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 76
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 69
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)