Jul 9, 2011, 4:12 PM EDT
SI.com’s Jon Heyman reports that Giants GM Brian Sabean and manager Bruce Bochy called former Nationals manager Jim Riggleman about a position in the organization last night and that Riggleman will head to San Francisco for an interview during the All-Star break.
Riggleman recently participated in pregame and postgame coverage with CSN Chicago during the Cubs-White Sox series earlier this month, but he’s been otherwise out of work (though still keeping busy) since his sudden resignation from the Nationals on June 23.
The Giants hired Lou Piniella in an advisory capacity prior to this season. Presumably, they’d be thinking about Riggleman in more of a hands-on role.
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 14
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 23
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 64
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)