Jul 9, 2011, 4:12 PM EDT
SI.com’s Jon Heyman reports that Giants GM Brian Sabean and manager Bruce Bochy called former Nationals manager Jim Riggleman about a position in the organization last night and that Riggleman will head to San Francisco for an interview during the All-Star break.
Riggleman recently participated in pregame and postgame coverage with CSN Chicago during the Cubs-White Sox series earlier this month, but he’s been otherwise out of work (though still keeping busy) since his sudden resignation from the Nationals on June 23.
The Giants hired Lou Piniella in an advisory capacity prior to this season. Presumably, they’d be thinking about Riggleman in more of a hands-on role.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 0
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 5
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 17
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 40
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 11
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 73
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)