Jul 9, 2011, 4:12 PM EDT
SI.com’s Jon Heyman reports that Giants GM Brian Sabean and manager Bruce Bochy called former Nationals manager Jim Riggleman about a position in the organization last night and that Riggleman will head to San Francisco for an interview during the All-Star break.
Riggleman recently participated in pregame and postgame coverage with CSN Chicago during the Cubs-White Sox series earlier this month, but he’s been otherwise out of work (though still keeping busy) since his sudden resignation from the Nationals on June 23.
The Giants hired Lou Piniella in an advisory capacity prior to this season. Presumably, they’d be thinking about Riggleman in more of a hands-on role.
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 0
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 18
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 86
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 56
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 55
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (86)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)