Jul 9, 2011, 4:12 PM EDT
SI.com’s Jon Heyman reports that Giants GM Brian Sabean and manager Bruce Bochy called former Nationals manager Jim Riggleman about a position in the organization last night and that Riggleman will head to San Francisco for an interview during the All-Star break.
Riggleman recently participated in pregame and postgame coverage with CSN Chicago during the Cubs-White Sox series earlier this month, but he’s been otherwise out of work (though still keeping busy) since his sudden resignation from the Nationals on June 23.
The Giants hired Lou Piniella in an advisory capacity prior to this season. Presumably, they’d be thinking about Riggleman in more of a hands-on role.
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 3
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 8
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 10
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 22
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 7
- Giants stomp Royals 7-1 in World Series Game 1 rout 35
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (95)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)