Jul 9, 2011, 8:21 PM EDT
Josh Beckett, who left his start Friday night with a hyperextended left knee, will throw a side session Sunday that will determine his availability for Tuesday’s All-Star Game in Phoenix, WEEI reports..
It sounds like Beckett will be fine to pitch as soon as play resumes following the break. However, the Red Sox aren’t so sure whether they want him throwing an inning Tuesday.
“Obviously, not just for his start going forward with us, but with All-Star ramifications, you don’t want to hold up the league. They’ve got their hands full as it is,” manager Terry Francona said Saturday. “If he’s OK, he’s OK. If he needs to hold off then we will do that also. We respect the All-Star stuff, but we also have an obligation to our team.”
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 68
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 58
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 52
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11