Jul 9, 2011, 3:00 PM EDT
Corey Brock of MLB.com reports that the Padres have activated Aaron Harang from the 15-day disabled list. He’ll take the place of the injured Clayton Richard to start this afternoon against the Dodgers.
Harang has been sidelined since June 9 due to a right foot contusion. The big right-hander allowed three runs over four innings in a minor league rehab start with High-A Lake Elsinore on Monday, though he did strike out seven and walk just one.
Harang is 7-2 with a 3.71 ERA and 55/25 K/BB ratio over 13 starts this season. He allowed two runs or less in five consecutive starts before the injury.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17