Jul 9, 2011, 3:00 PM EDT
Corey Brock of MLB.com reports that the Padres have activated Aaron Harang from the 15-day disabled list. He’ll take the place of the injured Clayton Richard to start this afternoon against the Dodgers.
Harang has been sidelined since June 9 due to a right foot contusion. The big right-hander allowed three runs over four innings in a minor league rehab start with High-A Lake Elsinore on Monday, though he did strike out seven and walk just one.
Harang is 7-2 with a 3.71 ERA and 55/25 K/BB ratio over 13 starts this season. He allowed two runs or less in five consecutive starts before the injury.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 10
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 8
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 17
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 72
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 87
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 65
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)