Jul 9, 2011, 3:00 PM EST
Corey Brock of MLB.com reports that the Padres have activated Aaron Harang from the 15-day disabled list. He’ll take the place of the injured Clayton Richard to start this afternoon against the Dodgers.
Harang has been sidelined since June 9 due to a right foot contusion. The big right-hander allowed three runs over four innings in a minor league rehab start with High-A Lake Elsinore on Monday, though he did strike out seven and walk just one.
Harang is 7-2 with a 3.71 ERA and 55/25 K/BB ratio over 13 starts this season. He allowed two runs or less in five consecutive starts before the injury.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)