Jul 9, 2011, 3:00 PM EDT
Corey Brock of MLB.com reports that the Padres have activated Aaron Harang from the 15-day disabled list. He’ll take the place of the injured Clayton Richard to start this afternoon against the Dodgers.
Harang has been sidelined since June 9 due to a right foot contusion. The big right-hander allowed three runs over four innings in a minor league rehab start with High-A Lake Elsinore on Monday, though he did strike out seven and walk just one.
Harang is 7-2 with a 3.71 ERA and 55/25 K/BB ratio over 13 starts this season. He allowed two runs or less in five consecutive starts before the injury.
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 6
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 57
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 42
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69