Jul 9, 2011, 3:00 PM EDT
Corey Brock of MLB.com reports that the Padres have activated Aaron Harang from the 15-day disabled list. He’ll take the place of the injured Clayton Richard to start this afternoon against the Dodgers.
Harang has been sidelined since June 9 due to a right foot contusion. The big right-hander allowed three runs over four innings in a minor league rehab start with High-A Lake Elsinore on Monday, though he did strike out seven and walk just one.
Harang is 7-2 with a 3.71 ERA and 55/25 K/BB ratio over 13 starts this season. He allowed two runs or less in five consecutive starts before the injury.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 0
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 134
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 19
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 48
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 49
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 355
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (355)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (198)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (162)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)