Jul 9, 2011, 10:17 PM EST
A night after brawling, the Red Sox and Orioles played a quiet one Saturday, even after a HBP and warnings getting issued.
The HBP came with two down in the seventh and Boston up 3-0. John Lackey drilled Derrek Lee in the leg with what seemed to be a purpose pitch. Lee, though, is about as much of a professional as there is in the game, and he simply took his base.
While warnings were issued, the rest of the game was incident free, and the Red Sox beat the Orioles for the third straight night, this time by a 4-0 score.
The Red Sox will go for the sweep Sunday having outscored the Orioles 24-7 the last three days.
For Lackey, it was easily his best performance since April. Five days after getting shelled for seven runs in 2 1/3 innings by the Blue Jays, he allowed just three hits and struck out seven.
- There was a fire at Camden Yards 0
- David Ortiz and Robinson Cano give their Super Bowl XLIX predictions 7
- Zack Greinke hasn’t made decision about opt-out 9
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 20
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 55
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 42
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 106
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (106)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (85)
- Rosenthal proposal: make relievers face more than one batter per appearance (74)