Jul 10, 2011, 1:49 PM EDT
Price still plans to attend all of the All-Star festivities, but he will not take the mound. The 25-year-old southpaw turned in a 3.70 ERA and 1.09 WHIP in 19 first-half starts, fanning 125 batters and walking only 26 over 129 innings.
Replacing him on the American League roster will be Yankees reliever David Robertson. A 26-year-old right-hander from tornado-ravaged Tuscaloosa, Alabama, he’s posted a 1.27 ERA and 56 strikeouts in 38 appearances this season. He’s likely to face a couple of batters near the end of Tuesday’s Midsummer Classic.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Andrew McCutchen departs game versus Cardinals after aggravating injured left rib cage 3
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 12
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 14
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 60
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Report: Cubs calling up top prospect outfielder Jorge Soler 40
- Shin-Soo Choo to undergo season-ending bone spur surgery on elbow 13
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (142)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (89)