Jul 10, 2011, 1:49 PM EST
Price still plans to attend all of the All-Star festivities, but he will not take the mound. The 25-year-old southpaw turned in a 3.70 ERA and 1.09 WHIP in 19 first-half starts, fanning 125 batters and walking only 26 over 129 innings.
Replacing him on the American League roster will be Yankees reliever David Robertson. A 26-year-old right-hander from tornado-ravaged Tuscaloosa, Alabama, he’s posted a 1.27 ERA and 56 strikeouts in 38 appearances this season. He’s likely to face a couple of batters near the end of Tuesday’s Midsummer Classic.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 72
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 85
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 37
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 14
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (133)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)