Jul 10, 2011, 1:49 PM EDT
Price still plans to attend all of the All-Star festivities, but he will not take the mound. The 25-year-old southpaw turned in a 3.70 ERA and 1.09 WHIP in 19 first-half starts, fanning 125 batters and walking only 26 over 129 innings.
Replacing him on the American League roster will be Yankees reliever David Robertson. A 26-year-old right-hander from tornado-ravaged Tuscaloosa, Alabama, he’s posted a 1.27 ERA and 56 strikeouts in 38 appearances this season. He’s likely to face a couple of batters near the end of Tuesday’s Midsummer Classic.
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 1
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 0
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 5
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 54
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 12
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 38
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 22
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)