Jul 10, 2011, 1:49 PM EST
Price still plans to attend all of the All-Star festivities, but he will not take the mound. The 25-year-old southpaw turned in a 3.70 ERA and 1.09 WHIP in 19 first-half starts, fanning 125 batters and walking only 26 over 129 innings.
Replacing him on the American League roster will be Yankees reliever David Robertson. A 26-year-old right-hander from tornado-ravaged Tuscaloosa, Alabama, he’s posted a 1.27 ERA and 56 strikeouts in 38 appearances this season. He’s likely to face a couple of batters near the end of Tuesday’s Midsummer Classic.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 299
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (299)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)