Jul 10, 2011, 1:49 PM EDT
Price still plans to attend all of the All-Star festivities, but he will not take the mound. The 25-year-old southpaw turned in a 3.70 ERA and 1.09 WHIP in 19 first-half starts, fanning 125 batters and walking only 26 over 129 innings.
Replacing him on the American League roster will be Yankees reliever David Robertson. A 26-year-old right-hander from tornado-ravaged Tuscaloosa, Alabama, he’s posted a 1.27 ERA and 56 strikeouts in 38 appearances this season. He’s likely to face a couple of batters near the end of Tuesday’s Midsummer Classic.
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 5
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 14
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 40
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 11
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)