Jul 10, 2011, 2:21 PM EST
It couldn’t have been too difficult of a decision for American League skipper Ron Washington.
Weaver leads all of Major League Baseball with a 1.86 ERA, he has thrown more innings than any pitcher not named Justin Verlander or Roy Halladay, and he possesses the fourth-lowest opponents’ batting average (.192) in the big leagues.
The National League has not yet named its starter for Tuesday, but Jair Jurrjens seems likely to get the nod.
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 67
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 25
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 66
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 256
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (257)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)