Jul 10, 2011, 2:21 PM EDT
It couldn’t have been too difficult of a decision for American League skipper Ron Washington.
Weaver leads all of Major League Baseball with a 1.86 ERA, he has thrown more innings than any pitcher not named Justin Verlander or Roy Halladay, and he possesses the fourth-lowest opponents’ batting average (.192) in the big leagues.
The National League has not yet named its starter for Tuesday, but Jair Jurrjens seems likely to get the nod.
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 3
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 9
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 35
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 180
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 74
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 37
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (180)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)