Jul 10, 2011, 2:21 PM EST
It couldn’t have been too difficult of a decision for American League skipper Ron Washington.
Weaver leads all of Major League Baseball with a 1.86 ERA, he has thrown more innings than any pitcher not named Justin Verlander or Roy Halladay, and he possesses the fourth-lowest opponents’ batting average (.192) in the big leagues.
The National League has not yet named its starter for Tuesday, but Jair Jurrjens seems likely to get the nod.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (100)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)