Jul 10, 2011, 2:21 PM EDT
It couldn’t have been too difficult of a decision for American League skipper Ron Washington.
Weaver leads all of Major League Baseball with a 1.86 ERA, he has thrown more innings than any pitcher not named Justin Verlander or Roy Halladay, and he possesses the fourth-lowest opponents’ batting average (.192) in the big leagues.
The National League has not yet named its starter for Tuesday, but Jair Jurrjens seems likely to get the nod.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)