Jul 10, 2011, 2:21 PM EST
It couldn’t have been too difficult of a decision for American League skipper Ron Washington.
Weaver leads all of Major League Baseball with a 1.86 ERA, he has thrown more innings than any pitcher not named Justin Verlander or Roy Halladay, and he possesses the fourth-lowest opponents’ batting average (.192) in the big leagues.
The National League has not yet named its starter for Tuesday, but Jair Jurrjens seems likely to get the nod.
- Matt Harvey makes his return. And he was really impressive. 20
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 36
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 147
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (380)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (147)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)